Range of air targets

popcorn

Is this given on the TGP?

No

It says missiles work best below a given distance but how do you know what distance you're at?

You don't. You judge the distance by visually acquiring the target. Depending on target aspect/attitude, launch when there's a very slim to frakall possibility of escape for said target. Closer is better, again, dependant on target attitude: Too close might be useless. Experience/flight-hours will set you straight no doubt.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This is what the immortal, infinite ammo, infinite fuel options are for.

You in invincible A-10 with 99999999999 AIM-9's vs immortal Su-25. Fire as many missiles as you need to understand.

I've not really fired many AIM-9's from the A-10. Mostly from the F-15, the range is limited even then, so I figure that with the A-10 you won't want to launch until you are quite close, but there are a lot of things to consider.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Start up a single player mission where you have a wingman and practice shooting him down. If you turn tags on it will give you his distance so you can start visualizing what the distance looks like. Or if you're going to that kind of trouble just start putting different planes in the mission editor so you can visualize the distances on different sized planes. If you want you can even put in enemy planes with no weapons as well. Just another couple of options to the infinite ammo/invincible thing.

I spent a lot of time practicing startup, take off, landing in a mission I created with just me and a wingman so I wound up shooting him down quite a lot. Then I'd strafe the airport to work on gunning things. That's why I chose that route. It was a way for me to practice a lot with less time input and a mission without a lot in it to slow my machine down.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]