Troubles with performance...

JetlinerX

Hey all!

So I have been having some serious troubles with performace. I get about 20 FPS with these settings:

2j463cl.png

And here are my specs:

- Windows 7 64BIT

- Ivy Bridge i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz

- Corsair 16GB DDR3 RAM

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

- PCI-E Wireless N 802.11 adapter

- Barracudda 2TB HDD

- Corsair Enthusiast Series 650 watt

- DVD+-RW 24x

- GTX 570 HD SLI Super Clocked

- Liquid Cooled CHCW60

- OCZ 120GB SSD (SATAIII)

Thoughts?

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

• ED Team

first thing is not to set 512 every frame its a big hog on resources 512 is fine

and set water low

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

do a search, this subject is beating a dead horse. the engine is old and dosent take advantage of new technology, so top of the line pc's will have very little performance gain. there's not much u can do to get more than 20fps with the settings maxed. we'll all just have to wait for the new engine

first thing is not to set 512 every frame its a big hog on resources 512 is fine

and set water low

Hi,

I got same troubles with GTX560 Ti 448 and I noticed better fps with a former Nvidia driver (I am using 314.22).

In my opinion the problem does not come from your PC configuration (hardware) but from an other side. Which one : I can't say !

Good luck

• ED Team

ED are working on performance and a new engine, we all just need to be patient.

:)

also for now you can reduce visibility and trees that will help until ED have optimised

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I just discovered that DCS (and MSFSX) doesn't recognize all high performance graphics cards on start up. I myself have Geforce GT555M and now realised that i have always played these two sims with integrated graphics while thinking that my card just is not performing. Found an option in the Nvidia programme that adds a "Run with high performance graphics card". Right clicked on DCS icon selected this option and checked it out. With the Huey instant action easy ground attack mission I used to dabble between 16-27 FPS. I now get between 44-65FPS.

So make sure DCS is in fact utilising your high performance graphics card (Nvidia users press alt tab and check for GPU activity when in DCS).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just discovered that DCS (and MSFSX) doesn't recognize all high performance graphics cards on start up. I myself have Geforce GT555M and now realised that i have always played these two sims with integrated graphics while thinking that my card just is not performing. Found an option in the Nvidia programme that adds a "Run with high performance graphics card". Right clicked on DCS icon selected this option and checked it out. With the Huey instant action easy ground attack mission I used to dabble between 16-27 FPS. I now get between 44-65FPS.

So make sure DCS is in fact utilising your high performance graphics card (Nvidia users press alt tab and check for GPU activity when in DCS).

Do you have any more info on how to enable said option?

Which nVidia program? For starters. :)

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

Nvidia control panel

Desktop tab

Check Add "Run with graphics processor" to context menu (in fact check all boxes)

then

Right click on DCS icon: Should be the 3d option from top "run with graphics processor"

Choose "high Performance NVIDIA Processor"

play around with Nvidia programme specific settings untill you are satisfied.

Nvidia also released new update on drivers which include GeForce Experience which automatically optimises your game settings. However DCS is not listed here. Will send them a request.....I think we should start a Nvidia thread on the forum and get all users to bother them untill we recieve this feature for DCS.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would also look into your power supply vs SLI. You might want to try running one card, just for a bit, to see if your power supply is actually providing enough power. This may not be an issue, but if I were running SLI I would have at a minimum an 850w.

SLI is also, unfortunately, a waste at this time with DCS.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

With your specs you should easily be getting better performance I have an i7 processor and when I check what's being stretched while running dcs it's not the processor. Often i find it can be demanding on the hard drive so I installed my dcs onto an ssd drive. I also have crossfire and have that working with alternate frame rendering and I can see that both cards are working with gpu monitoring software if i disable crossfire i get a fps drop so its worth my while to have it on .From what i have read in the past SLi should be easier to get working with dcs than crossfire try also to make sure you have dcs.exe listed as an exception with your antivirus software sometimes that can slow you down and as someone else has said turn water to low and change your res of cockpit displays and see how you get on. I have similar specs to you and am getting an average of 40fps in cockpit views. Have a go and see how you get on...

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Nvidia control panel

Desktop tab

Check Add "Run with graphics processor" to context menu (in fact check all boxes)

then

Right click on DCS icon: Should be the 3d option from top "run with graphics processor"

Choose "high Performance NVIDIA Processor"

mine just has Add Desktop Context Menu :huh: (is yours a laptop?)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I would also look into your power supply vs SLI. You might want to try running one card, just for a bit, to see if your power supply is actually providing enough power. This may not be an issue, but if I were running SLI I would have at a minimum an 850w.

SLI is also, unfortunately, a waste at this time with DCS.

Could people please stop saying that SLI don't work....?

It does, it works just fine!!

I have had 580 in SLI and now two Titans in SLI. It works, no problem.

Hey all!

So I have been having some serious troubles with performace. I get about 20 FPS with these settings:

2j463cl.png

And here are my specs:

- Windows 7 64BIT

- Ivy Bridge i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz

- Corsair 16GB DDR3 RAM

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

- PCI-E Wireless N 802.11 adapter

- Barracudda 2TB HDD

- Corsair Enthusiast Series 650 watt

- DVD+-RW 24x

- GTX 570 HD SLI Super Clocked

- Liquid Cooled CHCW60

- OCZ 120GB SSD (SATAIII)

Thoughts?

Hey! Just some things, try to put water to low settings and slew back the preload radius to about 60k. Also it is a known problem that in graphics.lua the scenery calculation distance is way more higher than it is necessary. In LOF website there was an updated version of this file, when I first tried it gave me about 20-25fps + but was a little bit flat. So I tweaked it a bit and now I have around 40 in cockpit and most of the times 60+ from external views (SP of course) and my CPU is nowhere near your's in performance (X4 955).

I will try up the file here a little later, when I get around my computer :smilewink:

Cheers

Edited by Jeesus

TrailBlazer

I think they mean of little consequence for this software. To old to take advantage of SLi or any other advanced rendering technology, Yet that is.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

TZeer, could you explain how you get SLI to work...I am getting better frames with it off. Yes, I could just sell the extra video card but then I would get worse fps in other games (though to be honest since I discovered DCS other games are gathering dust). I am running a triple display.

Reading that you've got it working propery gives me hope that perhaps I am missing some setting somewhere.

Running i5-3570 Ivy Bridge; 2 GTX 670 FTW in SLi; 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM; AsRock Extreme4 MOBO; 3 Dell U2412 monitors; Windows 7 64

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I think they mean of little consequence for this software. To old to take advantage of SLi or any other advanced rendering technology, Yet that is.

Not true.

Might not take advantage in the newest technology. But absolutely helping getting stable 60 FPS in the higher resolutions.