30% - 50% fps drop after adding Huey module

malibu43

If you have an AMD 7xxx series card you can benefit from an FPS bump by injecting the Catalyst 13.9 atiumd64.dll into DCS World bin folder, see here it may help some

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1985566&postcount=28

Still get 8-13 FPS on the lift and hover tutorial, and at the end of the first campaign mission.. Landing with 8fps after 30 min flight is NOT FUN!

I just don't understand it. My rig should be capable of delivering acceptable frames. here is what I have tried

added the .dlls to the bin like mustang said, no change

unchecked FF no change

turned off tsaa and msaa to 2x, no change

uncheck run full screen, no change.

CCC is all on use application settings

Game is thru steam, on an SSD that only has a couple other games on it.

i5 2500 (not K sadly)

intel DP67DE mobo

16 gigs ram

xfx 7990

windows 7 64bit

DCS A10c always ran fine back when, as well as BS, I really enjoy the huey but want to enjoy it with playable frames all the time, not just when Im far away from populated airbases. I'll buy whatever I haveto in order to enjoy it, who has a config that is smooth all the time?

Is the i5 the problem perhaps?

Should I sell my 7990 and get a titan instead?

DAVESGAMINGRIG.txt

Edited by Munny

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

I was looking through the forum because I didn`t know where to start this exact topic. I made similar observations and tests as user "TZeer". He made several posts where he talks about this problem but it looks like he is ignored. Object count is big problem for game performance. Mi-8 and Huey modules have realy big numbers, and they are also drawn very far. 3 parked Hueys have same object count and same performance impact as the most unoptimized airport. I made my game ugly because I thought that trees, buildings, draw distance.... will have big impact, but all tweaks become useless when a few unoptimized models come into view. They don`t even have to be near, their lod models are drawn too far and I can`t change it without affecting all models in game. Belsimtek should reduce object count on both models when they are further away. I am not experienced 3D modeller and don`t exactly know how and why they have so much objects, but parked and AI controled models realy don`t need so much detail.

I will post some screenshots later

I've posted some screenshots and observations regarding object count and fps with the KA-50 that you might find interesting as well.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1996080&postcount=114

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

EDGE may fix the problem but there are no promises.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

@doveman, I will post further on other performance topics

Here is default Huey training mission, only 4 aircraft on strip are changed. On one is 4x Huey, on other 4x Hind. My graphic settings are changed a lot, with default settings fps difference is even higher. Those having problems should test for themselves by changing those 4 targets once to 4x Mi-8 or Huey and once with some other aircaft.

My FPS are low, because I have old computer, but as posted by others over 1000 objects can bring even high performance computer to slideshow.

OBJECTS.thumb.jpg.4aa5ba8a0d3d2abd3c2a7ffcce4367a0.jpg

From what I could tell from my testing, the Obj. counter didn't necessarily affect FPS (could have about the same Obj. but much different FPS) and the Render Main counter didn't seem to correlate with the FPS either. It seemed to be the Scene Objects counter that was the main reason for low FPS. I can see from your screenshots that in the Huey one, this is over double what it is in the Hind one.

The Render Main is about double as well but as I say, that didn't seem to be connected to the low FPS. Perhaps there's a way to setup a scene with low Render Main but high Scene Objects to verify this.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

And here is picture with unmodified graphic and high.lua

Lod distance is too high compared to other models. If I change LodMul factor I can reduce FPS hit, but all other objects with correct lod data gets corrupted. I can see boxes changing shapes into trucks, but Huey and Mi-8 still look very detailed.

On the picture you can see object count is very high, even if you can`t distinguish Huey from Chinook at that distance. First picture is from start position before takeoff in "Target practice" mission.

LOD.thumb.jpg.4d76bc783f29e05755a81746f2814ce6.jpg

From what I could tell from my testing, the Obj. counter didn't necessarily affect FPS (could have about the same Obj. but much different FPS) and the Render Main counter didn't seem to correlate with the FPS either. It seemed to be the Scene Objects counter that was the main reason for low FPS. I can see from your screenshots that in the Huey one, this is over double what it is in the Hind one.

The Render Main is about double as well but as I say, that didn't seem to be connected to the low FPS. Perhaps there's a way to setup a scene with low Render Main but high Scene Objects to verify this.

I wanted to reply you in that topic, so we could have these debates in less topics. Yes, I looked at your photos. I also think "obj" is not directly related. The problem is more deep. Obj number is problematic only with detailed models. I think that 1000 obj looking at the forrest is not such a problem as 1000 obj looking at the airport lights. I didn`t find what exactly is the problem, so I am still chasing models with to much "obj" and too far draw distance (lod setting).

I manualy searched through files to find models with too much "obj" count. There is a lot about that in this topic: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101491

I deleted all problematic models. There is airport terminal with 3 docks and 1 "obj", and there are railway cars with 90 "obj". And when that is in game it doubles, I think because of shadows or something else. I think that difference you see is because sometimes those "obj" are lights, other times simple windscreen wipers... and they get rendered differently and impact fps differently.

Now I am searching for theese objects to delete them. They will probably increase near airport performance a lot. The only problem is, that all static Mi-8s have too detailed model now.

1138570442_airportscenes.thumb.jpg.a7448e80afd4f4381e51dcdc5ed6ee5b.jpg

I wanted to reply you in that topic, so we could have these debates in less topics. Yes, I looked at your photos. I also think "obj" is not directly related. The problem is more deep. Obj number is problematic only with detailed models. I think that 1000 obj looking at the forrest is not such a problem as 1000 obj looking at the airport lights. I didn`t find what exactly is the problem, so I am still chasing models with to much "obj" and too far draw distance (lod setting).

OK, please post in the other topic if you prefer to keep this one focused on the Huey module and not general object count issues.

I'm subscribed to this one anyway, so I'll see if you post any further observations here as well.