Need advise guys

S! All,

I have saved up some money and now ready to take advantage of the sale and get 2 new produts. I have A10.P51,and the Huey. (Love them all).

Looking at getting FC3 and combined arms..

What's the pro's and con's guys ? Both good or should I stay away from one..

Thanks

O_Smiladon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S! All,

I have saved up some money and now ready to take advantage of the sale and get 2 new produts. I have A10.P51,and the Huey. (Love them all).

Looking at getting FC3 and combined arms..

What's the pro's and con's guys ? Both good or should I stay away from one..

Thanks

O_Smiladon

FC3 definitely worthwhile especially after ED's announcement of future upgrades.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. and CA is pants. :)

Quite the contrary, its bloody awesome. Especially in MP if you have a bunch of people in CA and pilots working together.

Proper JTAC, troop insertion on request whit the Huey. Dynamicly setting artillery fire missions.

Keeping the supply chain going.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I knew i should have put in bold it was only my opinion. I think its pants. The world would be very dull if we all had the same tastes. :)

For one, multiplayer wouldn't have any ground commanders. :P

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

May I then suggest that you qualify your statements to explain this view of your preferences? Otherwise you are just assuming that the OP has the same interests you have. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Personally I enjoy DCS for the A-10C and its high level of details & realism, still during this summer sale I bought FC3 (and the mandatory Lock on -__-) to have plenty of planes to have fun with in both solo & multiplayer, in a more casual manner.

Mostly I did it to support ED and throw some more cash at them as I will mostly stick to the A-10C, but it's nice to know in multiplayer I can can take part in any mission or any role that it needs me to, especially considering the new highly detailed 6dof cockpits and upcoming AFM. Also I think these casual planes makes for a great way to learn all the tactics, weaponry, anti-air, AI behavior in an easy to fly and operate aircraft rather than in a simulated aircraft like the A-10C that is a challenge to operate on its own. I just hope ED doesn't take it as a sign to dedicate more resources to casual modules that the highly detailed ones so I also bought both helicopters to support ED & 3rd parties but I probably won't fly them any time soon, I mean love helis, more than fixed wings, but these two models just doesn't tickle my fancy. I'd have bought the Combined Arms module but I just really cannot stand being that close to the 1990s terrain and the (lack thereof) soldier/vehicles animations, I just want to be up in the air and forget about it all ^^.

That would be my incentives for FC3.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wasn't being very serious..of course it has its merits, but i purchased CA and have used it for a combined time of maybe 40 minutes. The ground terrain looks too much like a 1990 video game for me to enjoy it. And i have no interest in being a commander or jtac or anything similar in DCS World. Compared to countless hours in the Shark.

I agree with that, Combined Arms has a good concept, but I think peoples not really interested in JTAC'ing will miss some eye candy. I personally prefer to be JTAC than flying then I prefer to play the famous Arma 2 with it's mod which IMHO allows more realism for a JTAC role (though the realism can depend of the server you play on).

Otherwise I don't think you'll regret CA, it's pretty good, and it will of course get better in the future...

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I think CA really can be an awesome module that makes for great multi sessions, and on paper its absolutely awesome, but right now when you actually look at the product meh. I've decided to buy it afterall just to help in showing DCS there's an interest for it and to give that little extra support while taking advantage of the summer sale but that's really with hopes they work on a new engine in the near future in which case I might even play it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]