Virtual Blue Angels: EFM Minimum Radius Turn

Check out the latest video from the Virtual Blue Angels, featuring a maneuver from our highly realistic representation of the United States Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels!

Based on past reactions, I should start by saying this is not related to DCS: F/A-18C. This is an in-house project by members of the Virtual Blue Angels for Leading Edge Simulations. It will not be publicly available as a result of ED's future release of their own, more complete F/A-18C. All this to say, the purpose of this video is not to tease or taunt anyone, but to show a little view of what it is possible to create in DCS World. (And from relative amateurs, no less!)

This completely original aircraft features, among many other things:

• A high-fidelity External Flight Model, featuring a separate physical model and simulated, real-time fly-by-wire Flight Control System (Built from NASA and other data sources)
  • A clickable cockpit with growing but incomplete functionality
  • Custom displays and HUD featuring realistic symbology capability (tactical features largely undeveloped)
  • A completely unique external model

If anyone's interested, I'll try to find the time to create a video that shows more of the features of the aircraft in its current state.

For more information about the Virtual Blue Angels:

http://www.virtualblueangels.com

For aspiring virtual aviators: we are always seeking new talent. If you are looking for a unique, demanding challenge, apply to join!

Check out the latest video from the Virtual Blue Angels, featuring a maneuver from our highly realistic representation of the United States Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels!

Based on past reactions, I should start by saying this is not related to DCS: F/A-18C. This is an in-house project by members of the Virtual Blue Angels for Leading Edge Simulations. It will not be publicly available as a result of ED's future release of their own, more complete F/A-18C. All this to say, the purpose of this video is not to tease or taunt anyone, but to show a little view of what it is possible to create in DCS World. (And from relative amateurs, no less!)

This completely original aircraft features, among many other things:

• A high-fidelity External Flight Model, featuring a separate physical model and simulated, real-time fly-by-wire Flight Control System (Built from NASA and other data sources)
  • A clickable cockpit with growing but incomplete functionality
  • Custom displays and HUD featuring realistic symbology capability (tactical features largely undeveloped)
  • A completely unique external model

If anyone's interested, I'll try to find the time to create a video that shows more of the features of the aircraft in its current state.

For more information about the Virtual Blue Angels:

http://www.virtualblueangels.com

For aspiring virtual aviators: we are always seeking new talent. If you are looking for a unique, demanding challenge, apply to join!

Looks really nice Aaron,

If only I was in the right TZ mate

Pman

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• 6 months later...

This is one of those private mods.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I wonder what happened to this. Are you still working on it? Or on another plane that could be made publicly available? I'd be happy to at least donate some money for such a thing, if not buy it. Still better than those private mods, those make me sad. :(

As Blaze touched on this is a private mod for the Virtual Blue Angels display team

Zero chance of it ever being released to the public

Pman

As Blaze touched on this is a private mod for the Virtual Blue Angels display team

Zero chance of it ever being released to the public

Pman

Yeah, I know, I thought it was interesting to know whether they developed it further anyway, and if there is a chance that those skills could help developing another project, which then would be publicly available. I fear I didn't express that properly.