Non-flat runways

Brun

Might be wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware all of the runways in DCS are completely flat. I'm guessing that very few (if any) are perfectly flat, it would be good to see elevation changes modelled properly where appropriate.

I'm gonna take another guess and assume that the standard flight model might not have been able to cope with this sort of stuff. Is the AFM up to the challenge?

Couldn't find any useful photos of the airfields in DCS, but this sort of thing is what I had in mind...

1-runway-large.jpg

0648183.jpg

0816386.jpg

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 32GB G.Skill 6000 | 3080FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Some of the runways in DCS are not perfectly flat. Sogalung in Tbilisi is probably the most noticeable. I believe it is something they started doing with the airbases added with the A-10C release, but most of the airbases haven't been updated like that yet. I'd imagine on future maps or map updates the feature would be implemented.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

:) i want this one :thumbup:

22JUN09.jpg

Will try.....;)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."