Rotors animation seem off

71st_Mastiff

I was watching the rotors and they don't bend with air envelope, and they seem reversed in the spin pointing down instead of bowing up, look at the MI8 and Hin24 rotor animation they seem more correct with lift effects.:thumbup::joystick:

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus Maximus X AC WiFi z370 || i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080Ti-12gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64|| TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm2 + VPC SharKa-50 + VPC Hawk-60  || |MFG Crosswinds || Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| Reverb-G2-VR @ 3472x 3388 144hrz

In the Mi-8 and Mi-24 the blades have a flapping hinge at the hub (IIRC) which allows each blades to flap up and down individually and give a 'coning' appearance when the disc is loaded.

The UH-1H does not have this hinge as it is a teetering-head system and the entire blade/hub assembly flaps up and down simultaneously.

The only way for the blades to 'cone' is for the lifting force on the blades to be so great (and/or the centrifugal force so low) that the blades bend upward along their length.

The metal blades on a UH-1H (which aren't modeled) didn't cone much unless they were experiencing extreme loading, such as during a high-torque wingover while heavily loaded during a gunship mission.

I'm not sure how rigid the composite blades (which are modeled) are as I never used them.

If that doesn't answer your question please post a picture.

Cheers,

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

in these pics you can see the rotors from belsimtech are more, not so high in detail.

As in the Cobra rotor.:joystick:

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus Maximus X AC WiFi z370 || i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080Ti-12gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64|| TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm2 + VPC SharKa-50 + VPC Hawk-60  || |MFG Crosswinds || Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| Reverb-G2-VR @ 3472x 3388 144hrz