Real time and weather

K2mil

Something came through my mind

I used to play game called metropolis street racer on dreamcast platform

"To beat this game you have to get Kudo's which will unlock more levels and cars in the game. Kudo's is achieved by your skill of driving and doing sharp turns."

Another cool feature of the game was real time based on your system time, also season when you play game in August it was fall like weather.

I wonder, would that be possible for Ed to implement an optional feature where you type your zip code and you can fly in weather conditions just like outside your window ;)

I do realize that for some of you can only play at night and some maybe in the afternoons but again and optional thing

Let me know what you think about that idea .

Edited by K2mil

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

While the idea sounds interesting, it would probably en up as a very limited feature. Not everyone live in a place where entering your zip code would be linked to todays weather. Not to mention that Zip-code is an american thing. Other countries have similar codes connected to the same system, but it would probably be too much effort to even begin planning such a feature.

Edited by EchoMasterMind

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they were to tie in real-world weather as currently experienced by the region depicted in the sim then it would be epic. That way everyone would be in the same boat in multi player, but with only the very skilled pilots able to operate "instruments only" in poor visibility. Which straight away puts me at a disadvantage as I'd be the first one to hit a mountain ;)

Not everyone live in a place where entering your zip code would be linked to todays weather. Not to mention that Zip-code is an american thing. Other countries have similar codes connected to the same system, but it would probably be too much effort to even begin planning such a feature.

I believe that the real-world weather applications for sims such as flightsim used on IVAO and Vatsim use ICAO codes for reference. The METAR report for the ICAO station is what the program would model it's weather after.

If they were to tie in real-world weather as currently experienced by the region depicted in the sim then it would be epic. That way everyone would be in the same boat in multi player, but with only the very skilled pilots able to operate "instruments only" in poor visibility. Which straight away puts me at a disadvantage as I'd be the first one to hit a mountain ;)

That's what I would love to see :thumbup:

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

What? Me hitting a mountain? ;)

Captain to First Officer, "What's that mountain goat doing up in these clouds?"

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.