cant get skin for su-25t to show

I posted a reply fro this subject in mods and apps (maybe not the right place but no one said it wasn't).so I will post one here.i have downloaded flankers skin pack 2 for the su-25t and put the folders in DCS/Bazar/liveries like I have been reading on the forum but I cant get any new skins to show in mission editor for the USA.i keep hearing about all the cool skins you can have but everyone must know how but me.i also tried putting them in TempTExtures file that didn't work either. I also keep hearing about editing LUA files,HOW.what program to open them.i getting a little pissed,everthing I read on the forums I tried, nothing works and I get no replys when I ask a question on the forums.i need a tutorial about how to install skins in DCS world because apparently I cant fathom the concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi steve65,

Sorry no one has offered you assistance but that's something badly lacking at this forum, people willing to help, how sad.

Anyway, I downloaded the files you mention and they show fine, just make sure you have extracted them into the Su-25 folder in the liveries folder.

Load up the mission editor and click the payload button, then in the comboBox select the desired skin.

Check the attached screenshot for assistance

thanks aussieboy that worked your help is very much appreciated. that was the one instruction I was missing.in all the things I have read in this forum I don't remember anybody saying to go to the weapons page to change the skin.i guess you are just supposed to know that.i have been playing this sim since lock on 1 came out but am a noob to modding DCS .thank you for helping out an old dog that can still learn new tricks.and to all the experienced players shame on you. I got help from another junior member like me.apparently you don't give a damn about helping the new people trying to learn.

Edited by steve65

• 1 year later...

Skin Help Too?

Hello Friends,

Like others before, I have tried to get new skins to show to no avail. I have them extracted, and copied to Bazar/Liveries/..........then their repective airframe. In the mission editor, the new skins do not show in the list? Please help a Noob. Then you can shoot me down later! :smilewink: -Woog

P.S. It apears to me the textures would actually go into the ...../textures/F-15C folder (Example), then a data.lua file needs to be created to call the right texture files. The Data.lua file is what needs to be in the .../Bazar/liveries folder. Where do I get the Data.Lua file from? -Woog

Edited by Woogey

Skins will work in multiplayer too, but if other people don't have them too, you'll just appear to them as one of the generic skins.

One factor you may have overlooked when it comes to seeing skins as options in the mission planner is that some are country specific. If you want to see Russian skins, first select the nationality for that aircraft to match. If you want to use the skins in other nationalities, you can alter the description file to show that nation as well.

Make sure that the file structure is the same as the other skin packs too. It may be that you have one too many folders, after all, there are a lot of third party skin designers, and they may not all supply the skins in exactly the same structure.

I find aussieboys comment about no one being ready to assist rather unfair, as it was made less than an hour after the question was asked. Not all questions are easy to respond to, so be patient.

Hi steve65,

Sorry no one has offered you assistance but that's something badly lacking at this forum, people willing to help, how sad.

Pretty Bold comment there... Your definitely mistaken many people are dedicated to checking this forum everyday and offer help you may not be a regular yet but you will find out... this community is strong and always helpful not sure who you've been talking to...

So about those skins they are not too difficult to figure out. You need to check which country the skin gets put into since their not all USA Liveries.

The simulator could definitely use a simple GUI Skin viewing interface :thumbup: but none is available yet.

For now just go under the mission editor and select your aircraft example A10C for USA than left click it on the map...after adding it. Goto weapons load-out page and at the bottom right of the screen you can select the skin you want to use for that aircraft in that mission. If the skin doesn't show up in the list change the country for example that the A10C belongs to more countries than just USA ... change the pull down menu at the top to another country then check the skin list again... Some might be for example a Belgium skin for the aircraft.

If you don't want to make a mission edit one of the quick starts or single missions just click the aircraft and select the load-out page.

In case you want a cool list of skins heres my fav list.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series