What do I download

K, haven't been doing the flight sim thing since Flanker 2.0 (which I did beta on) and now I feel the neeeeeed to get back into it.

I downloaded DCS-world. It had a link to the website to buy Flaming Cliffs 3. I did see the notice that I needed an earlier version or LOMAC, but I figured the program had brought me here so the text probably wasn't updated yet. I bought FC3 and can't install because I don't have an earlier version of FC.

I just wanna know what I have to do or buy to get flying is all. HELP

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Get LOCK-ON MODERN AIR COMBAT (lomac)

It's a Ubisoft product that Flaming Cliffs expands on. You should be able to find it on ebay etc. It's not a DCS product exactly.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So what I bought doesn't work with DCS? Wow, can you say confusion. I've sent an email but they gotta change something. If it doesn't work with DCS then why would DCS-world take you to that website to buy it?

Thanks for the reply.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So what I bought doesn't work with DCS? Wow, can you say confusion. I've sent an email but they gotta change something. If it doesn't work with DCS then why would DCS-world take you to that website to buy it?

What part of the bright red text is confusing?

FC3 works fine in DCS World but it requires LOMAC, which is clearly stated on the e-shop page which you read and assumed it did not apply.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply.

From the E-shop, see here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/shop.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

"Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or previous version Flaming Cliffs."

Red text copied from the e-shop. :)

FC3 is a DCS World Module. It works with DCS World. But as the red text states, it requires an installation of LOMAC. This is due to contractual obligations to Ubisoft, who own the LOMAC franchise which FC expands on.

If you are in the US, you can purchase LOMAC cheap as a digital download from Ubisoft. Otherwise you can purchase it on CD from Amazon and other retailers, or us from http://www.lockon.co.uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I presume that one can uninstall LOMAC after FC3 is installed and activated?

Yes, you don't even need to launch LOMAC after you have installed it.

Once you have launched FC3 you can then go ahead and uninstall LOMAC.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Thank you EtherealN for your response. Its all clear now. I didn't realize it would still work with DCS, rather, I believed it was a separate entity. I'll buy a copy of LOMAC and be on my way. Thanks very much. Maybe your explanation needs to be in bright red text so as responses from the likes of cichlidfan aren't necessary.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet