TrackIR Question - When checking six

Hey all,

One thing I've been meaning to ask for ages is this.....

My TIR profile is such that when I move my head left, the screen pans left and vice versa for right. All good so far and exactly as one would expect. Now, if I now have to check my six, when I want to lean over and see around the back of the seat, because of the way the device works, I need to lean right to go left and vice versa.

I think everyone knows what I mean here. I can never get used to it and it's actually a really weird sensation and I never manage to do it right when it counts (like when a bandit is just about to shred me with 20mm.

Has anyone ever managed to do a profile that reverses this problem - or is indeed it even possible?

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

I don't even have track IR, thinking of getting it, but that actually seems kind of intuitive to me. Like if you're sitting in a chair and want to look directly behind you over your left shoulder, you would lean right while turning your head left.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that my TiR behaves not like this.

I have to check it and drop a note here.

I think there are some TiR profiles here - you may check them out: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

Or I'll send you my TiR profile.

@kontiuka - the ejection seat of a military plane is not a chair. You won't see much if you turn around like you described ;) You would be starring at the headrest.

Wayc00lio,

I've just checked it.

I lean to the side where I want to check and look at six. Pretty much what you want.

I've attached the profile that I use for a while.

As long as you use TrackIr 5 you can give it a try.

Think it's from Wags with some minor tweaks. Make sure to change the 'center' and 'pause' hotkeys.

Place it in c:\programme(x86)\natural point\TrackIr5\Profiles.

I also use PeterP's proper neck 'mod'.

Some like it, some don't. Check it out. It feels more natural, at least to me (and PeterP, I think :P).

It's here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116 (end of the post).

DCS - TiR Profile.rar

I don't even have track IR, thinking of getting it, but that actually seems kind of intuitive to me. Like if you're sitting in a chair and want to look directly behind you over your left shoulder, you would lean right while turning your head left.

Yes, but in this case, it goes the wrong way!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Wayc00lio,

I've just checked it.

I lean to the side where I want to check and look at six. Pretty much what you want.

I've attached the profile that I use for a while.

As long as you use TrackIr 5 you can give it a try.

Think it's from Wags with some minor tweaks. Make sure to change the 'center' and 'pause' hotkeys.

Place it in c:\programme(x86)\natural point\TrackIr5\Profiles.

I also use PeterP's proper neck 'mod'.

Some like it, some don't. Check it out. It feels more natural, at least to me (and PeterP, I think :P).

It's here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116 (end of the post).

Thanks Konrad - I'll give it a go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think ticking the "Trueview" box within the TrackIR software/profile will enable the proper motion (e.g looking right 90 degrees in-game, then moving your head forward, moves the view closer to the right side canopy glass, not the front of the aircraft).

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This thread is very interesting since I'm also very annoyed with what Wayc00lio describes.

I will try the trick given by Tone71, and if not successful, the profil given by Konrad.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

EDIT : Ticking "Trueview" indeed does the trick !

Edited by Laurius
don't want to write another post

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Now, if I now have to check my six, when I want to lean over and see around the back of the seat, because of the way the device works, I need to lean right to go left and vice versa.

Has anyone ever managed to do a profile that reverses this problem - or is indeed it even possible?

Cheers.

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1821102#post1821102