man of steel

rextar

oh yeah.. its also quite symbolic.. Superman being sought after by ZOD and threatening Earth if not delivered reminds me of Snowden being sought by USA and threatening anybody who might provide shelter..

Also, Superman in the end does something.. don't want to give a spoiler.. if you watched it you know.. he shoots down a ..khm khm.. so its proof he is against totalitarian regimes..

i was mostly impressed by Krypton homeland.. really super-advanced civilization..that went a little too much into technology i guess and lost its way..

Haven't seen it yet but read lots about it, hard not to, but trying to not read too many spoilers about it. I mean the plot is pretty basic it seems from the trailers. I think with Superman movies you're there to see the spectacle and Superman actually using his powers.

The only things I'm worried about is that some have said that this isn't really in the spirit of Superman - Superman stands for all that's good in humanity and that he should be trying to save preserve life wherever possible but not the case in this movie.

Also if they start with Zod, WTH are they gonna do with sequels to top Zod as a nemesis? This is why I liked the original Superman series.

I really want to watch this but I'll be disappointed of Zod didn't win at the end.

You wont be disappointed!!!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

I really want to watch this but I'll be disappointed of Zod didn't win at the end.

zod-vs-zod.jpg?9d7bd4

VmqghxM.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

LOL

ZOD!

I enjoyed the movie a lot. Just remember that like so many others, they have made up their own origin stories etc. These reboots are getting tiresome. I will enjoy the second movie much more not having to deal with a different take on Superman's origin.

The action sequences are purposely blurred and hectic. I little too much in my opinion. Still, a great deal of fun and a great modern Superman movie. If you are any kind of fan, the end will make you want to jump out and go, whoaaaa!

Im going to be a dad in september ,me and my lady shed s tear in some parts (sending baby in capsule) lol

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

i wouldn't say this isn't a good Superman movie.. ppl that are dissing it are against it cuz its not the superman from the 80s.. )) you know with a stupid curl on his head and winking at the camera... and doing all those cheesy things..

like ppl protesting james bond has become too realistic because he falls in love, shows vulnerabilities(still very few-lol) and doesn't entertain the "charm" that was part of the first bond movies but is more action oriented .. i guess some ppl rather watch a Hugo Boss commercial with a pistol in a hand of the actor and kissing a hot girl from time to time and calling it "classical bond" .. same is with this superman, he is much more serious than the Superman classic..

there is much to be done to truly make Superman the hero of the whole world and not just some US army appendage .. slowly this is happening for marketing reasons but also to develop the story more, since Superman is supposed to be against war, violence its against his code to be then used as a tool for the US army to hunt and kill their enemies..

So, in next movies i think this will become more evident.. if not for other reasons for a very simple one, nobody in foreign mkts will watch it otherwise)) and foreign markets bring more money than US since 2008..

Just watched this tonight in 3d and loved it.

Yes it's not the original (still remember going to see that) but the references are still there to the original.

And of course the effects now are spectacular, even the A-10's ;)

Thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably see it again with another pal :D

The fly-fighting gets old quick. Lots of indestructible guys punching each other through buildings. When you've landed an explosive railway carriage on someone with no affect, clearly a punch to the face isn't going to cut it either. And it was only in these scenes that you knew you were watching CGI as opposed to real actors. Give CGI fighting another 10 years... it might be ready, but not yet.

That aside, I loved the sci-fi aspect and more believable parts of the movie. The costumes, spacecraft and technology are excellent. Someone also said to me 'Yeah, but it's not the 80's superman is it?'. Actually, I think this modern take on things is more entertaining (at least today) than sitting through one of the original movies.

Looking forward to next big sci-fi Elysium. :)

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Ithe idea was great and how the film developed in the beginning. I was positively surprised. But then after half of the film it turns into regular American hero cheesy film with American flags all over and "we don't leave anybody behind" even if we die...

The last 20 - 30 minutes just lacks imaginativeness. Especially the final fights...and all this American pathos of the righteous people.....makes me feel sick.

Oh good. I love so much winning. Hopefully it's the cool bad guys that are doing all the winning. :D

Cukier, I know how you feel. LOL "This here mission, most of you won't make it back, so if you don't wanna strap boots then I understand." I hate that s#it! I'd love to see, just once, the guy saying it then add "Cuz I know I ain't going."

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

haven't watched it, but my bro sez its shit compared to eisenberg's now u see me.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Watched it....as long as brain stays off, this flick is OK. Anytime brain will try to make sense of anything, it will ruin this movie.

What you talking about? Superman can breathe earth air and it's good for him. Kryptonian air is bad for him. In space where there is no air, he can breathe just fine as well. Makes perfect sense :doh:

I saw MOS day one IMAX3D...

Since I really enjoy Sci-Fi and anything to do with Space, I really enjoyed this flick.

Like others said, this is not your typical Superman movie. I liked the change.

It was good to not see the wimpy Clark Kent for a change, but this may be coming in the already in progress sequel.

We all have our likes and dislikes...I have nothing negative to say...

Go see it for yourself and form your own opinion, The pluses definitely outweigh the minuses.

For me the visuals were stunning.. (IMAX3D).. Really why I was there...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I planned on seeing it but ended up at the Star Trek movie instead. Not great but entertaining, imo.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I saw it. A movie for kids... sorry :D.

The A10s (and F35s for that matter) were just some bad props that were meant for public destruction ...for kids joy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I saw it. A movie for kids... sorry :D.

The A10s (and F35s for that matter) were just some bad props that were meant for public destruction ...for kids joy!

BIG KIDS thankyou..... :lol:

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

• 2 weeks later...
There are no movies for kids, only movies for people who haven't decided to become boring yet ;)

Very true :thumbup:

A bit late to the party... I saw this movie this week and wasn't disappointed.

I liked it a lot actually. A solid 8/10 for me. Yes, yes, I know it's over the top and unrealistic, but the superman story, or any superhero for that matter, has never been particularly realistic anyway.

I think the film captured everything that superman needs to be, while fleshing out the parts of his Kryptonian ancestry in really awesome ways. I have never read any comics, but was a great fan of the Christopher Reeve movies as a kid and always liked the idea of Superman, the original superhero, who is super in his morals and values as much as he is in physical strength.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat