Rafale HUD dogfights

Spyros

its interesting that US refused F22 BVR with Rafale.. and i also suspect F22 is carrying that enlargmend of RCS device to protect its signature )) haha.. same they avoid BVR training for fear its LPI radar might not be so LPI actually.. and whats worse..once in RWR of rafale of tiffy it gets stored,analyzed for further training and dissemination between the EU forces..

i've heard some guy complaining why rafal guy hates f22 since we are allies)well.. when you see US hiding what the real RCS of F22 is when F22 is training with a so called ally we can see this "ally" statement is a little bit wobbly at best..

now signatures of radar are most important, thats why there are spy ships always around naval exercises of the opponents to try and get the signatures of potential enemy ships and store them in electronic libraries..

Now, does US have Rafale signatures? most probably, since Rafale has to train in US controlled airspace it means US easily gets Tiffy, Rafale sigs while EU can't really do much to get US sigs.. nice one.. but thats what happens when alliance is 1 way street i guess..

When EU gets some balls and decide to do a joing EU 5th gen project and survives the US panic attacks for EU doing this.. then we might see if the "alliance" is a real thing or is a more of a master-vassal relation as it feels like..

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can the OP add a "poll" where "we" can say if we think in the video of rafale-f22 that rafale emerged as plane with the upper hand-in that particular video, i'm not saying all around Rafal is better than F22 just on that one single video of tape where we can see F22 in the Rafale hud and being shot at and gunned-simulated..

how many think this is what happened, and how many ppl think F22 was evading successfully and Rafale didn't score hits, or didn't even got a gun kill out of it ..

There is no kill kaktus, neither pilot calls it. It does not meet criteria for a valid shoot. However the Rafael is in a controlling position :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Now, does US have Rafale signatures? most probably, since Rafale has to train in US controlled airspace it means US easily gets Tiffy, Rafale sigs while EU can't really do much to get US sigs.. nice one.. but thats what happens when alliance is 1 way street i guess..

When EU gets some balls and decide to do a joing EU 5th gen project and survives the US panic attacks for EU doing this.. then we might see if the "alliance" is a real thing or is a more of a master-vassal relation as it feels like..

Oh the alliance is very much two way. Between Australia, Canada, UK, and the US. We share all but the most sensitive nation eyes only material with each other. Everyone else however, just isn't in the club.

It's one of the reasons why a UK Typhoon, isn't quite the same as a German, Spanish, or Italian Typhoon.

As for the EU joining a 5th gen project, have you not heard of the F-35?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

@eddie a EU 5th gen is when its EU made and designed.. not bought from US..major difference ..

why did EU even build the Tiffy then if they are getting F35? cuz making own stuff gives you a status of a sovereign power, and not a banana republic that can be cut off from maintaining defense if your "ally" changes his mind..

about alliance being two way?)) if you say so))..

why no BVR radar exposure of F22 then? .. i remember how Israel managed to "convince" US to sell F-15 to Saudi Arabia but make them impossible to lock and launch weapons on Israeli fighters.. Israel asked for the same package to be delivered to Turkey F-35 as well.. Turkey went into a rampage and then all got quiet afterwards..

so, its like Orwel said.. all animals in the farm are equal.. but some are more equal than the other ..right.. and that is not a two way alliance.. but one way highway..

about alliance being two way?)) if you say so))..

He named the specific countries.

why no BVR radar exposure of F22 then?

Because it exposes the F-22 to collection of data. It allows others who do not have stealth aircraft to practice against or come up with anti-stealth tactics. In the world of A2A, secrets are a big deal ... you may as well be asking why Su-35BM isn't doing exercises with Chinese.

i remember how Israel managed to "convince" US to sell F-15 to Saudi Arabia but make them impossible to lock and launch weapons on Israeli fighters..

You 'remember'? The way this happened was, IIRC, and AFAIK, by removing some ECCM modes from the Saudi F-15's.

so, its like Orwel said.. all animals in the farm are equal.. but some are more equal than the other ..right.. and that is not a two way alliance.. but one way highway..

Did you read what Eddie wrote? I think you missed some details and decided to hang onto a word or two.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It doesn't work that way ... NO ONE brings their classified stuff to RED FLAG. No one. They're about process/procedure and training for the less experienced pilots and especially in a setting of very large operations. It's not a contest in respect of who's technology is better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Rafale HUD looks very busy. I wonder if it actually displays all that info or if any of it is just displayed for the camera?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You don't have to give your sources up. :D Its all over the net even saw some AG tests on youtube a few times.

Cool, you don't remember the name of the video by any chance do you? I looked but did not find anything.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

@gg .. Russians and Chinese are not in a military alliance like US is with western nations..

also about saudi f-15..its more than EECM package..its Friend of foe system, its embedded in the electronics to the core, its impossible to remove, the thing is when you lock a target the system will recognize Israeli aircraft and make it impossible to get a launch permission and guide the missile.. its a done deal, this is not a conspiracy, its how the world works today..

Now, about Turkey F-35 we don't know yet, most probably same thing happened then with Saudi F-15 just that for political reasons they made the deal under the table as not to embarrass Turkey and show to the world how low they rank in the "equal" relationships in NATO..

it is also interesting how Israel said to US that their F35 be delivered without US software and electronics that are the most delicate in nature.. it would seem they don't trust US, and want to have total independence in that area )) lol.. so much paranoia ..

about Rafale hud, yes, i agree with others, its cluttered like a crazy math professor going on a rampage in math class.. its weird... don't know if its a "french thing" or just had such a hud to hide how a real rafale hud looks like.. its certainly a cluttered mess.. i was dissapointed there was no Gauss graph curvature drawn somewhere coupled with E=mc2 equation))

Oh the alliance is very much two way. Between Australia, Canada, UK, and the US. We share all but the most sensitive nation eyes only material with each other. Everyone else however, just isn't in the club.

I would not go that far. It's never a two way even between closest allies.... for every bit you get, there is a ton of ////US ONLY.

• Like 1

I would not go that far. It's never a two way even between closest allies.... for every bit you get, there is a ton of ////US ONLY.

There is just as much "////UK only" as well.

It is very much two way. But some thing are, and always will be, NEO.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It's a French aircraft. No need to fear it, you can guarantee it'll run at the first sign of a fight.

Don't want to sound harsh and vengeful given my nationality, but this joke is getting old.

You should stop trusting the Internet and begin to actually educate yourself about the French military and history.

Edited by Rincevent

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@gg .. Russians and Chinese are not in a military alliance like US is with western nations..

China buys Russia kit.

also about saudi f-15..its more than EECM package..its Friend of foe system, its embedded in the electronics to the core, its impossible to remove, the thing is when you lock a target the system will recognize Israeli aircraft and make it impossible to get a launch permission and guide the missile.. its a done deal, this is not a conspiracy, its how the world works today..

You are telling me about the F-15? IFF is not trusted enough to stop a missile launch, F-15's have no limitation whereby launch is inhibited by a friendly indication. In fact, you can turn IFF interrogation on or off at will in the F-15. IFF is not trusted, since all you need to paint the enemy as a friend is a friend between you and the enemy responding positively.

it is also interesting how Israel said to US that their F35 be delivered without US software and electronics that are the most delicate in nature.. it would seem they don't trust US, and want to have total independence in that area )) lol.. so much paranoia ..

This goes both ways. There are some things that Israel allegedly did that made the USAF unhappy. In any case, Israel has its own very successful avionics industry and they wish to use it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Rincevent.. i dont' know why so much hate towards France in terms of military history, France was quite successful throughout the history from challenging Rome, to defending against emergence of German state,to challenging the whole British empire-attacking Russia was the mistake Napoleon shouldn't have made but i guess nobody learns that one when it comes to Russia lesson..

WW1 was a mess, no real chance for anybody to win anything really, WW2 UK together with France were to lenient with Hitler and hoped the dude will turn Eastward and just keep marching until he is exhausted,sadly it didn't turn that way for France which remained alone in fight against stronger army, .. about other war campaigns France stood there just as much as anybody else would, in Vietnam they fought for their colony from 1950-1962 ,more or less as long as US did a much more powerful nation, algeria same way.. but its impossible to win those wars since they were nationalistic liberation movements supported by the people ..it was a mistake/war crime to even try to stop them..

we can argue Britain runs away in defeat as well, they left India soon after 2WW.. they left all the strategic bases to US, they left Sinai and Suez to US influence, they Lost Palestine to Israel, Iraq, South Africa.. pretty much the whole british empire was abandoned by the mighty brits EVEN though they were on the victors side of the war.. they did all that without a fight vs. the americans who pressured them naturally to abandon their empire.. and UK did so without a single shot in defense..

So, its unfair to put all that French hate and nonsense about how they surrender easily..

• Like 1

@Rincevent.. i dont' know why so much hate towards France in terms of military history, France was quite successful throughout the history from challenging Rome, to defending against emergence of German state,to challenging the whole British empire-attacking Russia was the mistake Napoleon shouldn't have made but i guess nobody learns that one when it comes to Russia lesson..

WW1 was a mess, no real chance for anybody to win anything really, WW2 UK together with France were to lenient with Hitler and hoped the dude will turn Eastward and just keep marching until he is exhausted,sadly it didn't turn that way for France which remained alone in fight against stronger army, .. about other war campaigns France stood there just as much as anybody else would, in Vietnam they fought for their colony from 1950-1962 ,more or less as long as US did a much more powerful nation, algeria same way.. but its impossible to win those wars since they were nationalistic liberation movements supported by the people ..it was a mistake/war crime to even try to stop them..

we can argue Britain runs away in defeat as well, they left India soon after 2WW.. they left all the strategic bases to US, they left Sinai and Suez to US influence, they Lost Palestine to Israel, Iraq, South Africa.. pretty much the whole british empire was abandoned by the mighty brits EVEN though they were on the victors side of the war.. they did all that without a fight vs. the americans who pressured them naturally to abandon their empire.. and UK did so without a single shot in defense..

So, its unfair to put all that French hate and nonsense about how they surrender easily..

You should write a book, "Geopolitics and Warfare Through the Eyes of a Child". I'd buy it.

• Like 1

It's a French aircraft. No need to fear it, you can guarantee it'll run at the first sign of a fight.

You should try telling that to those that have faced it in combat, mock or not. Because trust me, they won't be having any such notions.

Besides. Old joke is so old that it belongs in a retirement-home. Or the grave.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Mandrake is saying that your anti-west slant is rather obvious. That, however, has nothing to do with Rafale HuD videos so we will not discuss such things here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything about Rafale always are in the extremes..

For the frenchs and brazilian anti-american morons are the best 4G Aircraft ever, the F22 Raptor Killer..

"The only true omni role aircraft..."

For the allies are a good 4G aircraft, like a big F16, make things now who F/A-18A, F15E and F16C does at least 20 years..

I always remember General Alain Silvy, declarations...

It´s a great aircraft, but don´t at same level of american aircraft.

The large number of Rafale´s HUD vids for me parts of principle of Dassault necessity to sell this aircraft..

We sad many Rafale´s HUD vids, but the opposite isn´t true...

Are Rafale a true invencible aircraft ?

Of course not!