Rafale HUD dogfights

Spyros

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been posted so many times, in so many forums for months. Its meaningless without all information of the engagement. Like anything ells, when only seen from one point of view, it will be missing so many info.

Anyway, cool to see any HUD video, but this conversation, like 100 other of the same subject, will devolve into opinions based on internet facts and no real hard facts, since they are not available to the public.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I agree with mvsgas, we've all been through this many times when it comes to the particular parameters in training exercises with foreign friendly countries. I'm rather enjoying how the Rafale's radar keeps losing target track on the Raptor even though they're WVR though. :thumbup:

Edited by Invader ZIM

its the gimbal limits...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

f-16.net is like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Ouch! lol, Really?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

f-16.net is like the Westboro Baptist Church.

IDK about that, that's a harsh judgement IMO, WBC are scum. f16.net are mostly current and ex US service men, mech, pilots ect. They are obviously a little bias to US air power and are always skeptical to any claims of abc vs (input US fighter here) especially the F-22/35.

Good Lawd that F-16 did not last long, did it? Talk about playing with your food......:megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Talk about playing with your food......:megalol:

you simply don't play with your food in France. Food is serious business :megalol:

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

must say wow, Rafale seems very good at turning tight and maintaining .. what a beast.. from the tech info i wouldn't have picked it up, i mean it has pretty much close to 1 t/w ratio and yes the canards help in low speed turns but still.. wtf right?.. with super-cruise powerful raptor engines i thought there is no way Rafale or Tiffy for that matter would be able to keep up with f22..

i guess if we would be able to obtain tiffy videos vs. f22 it would be similar outcome?.. incredible.. i guess f22 engines are made more for super-cruise than for dogfighting,the f22 pilots must be thinking -this is so embarrassing.. like loosing a drag race while driving a modern BMW vs. a punk kid with pimped up 90's car.. it just doesn't look right..

There's nothing incredible about this. The Raptor pilot made a mistake at the merge, and the Rafale pilot is well trained. It was a veeery long fight, that tells you the planes are sort of equal in flying ability. The Rafale, just like the tiffy and F-22 is a very high TWR aircraft.

And for the tiffy videos, you wouldn't see anything special there, either ... they ended up with about even score with the F-22 in their BFM engagements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

must say wow, Rafale seems very good at turning tight and maintaining .. what a beast.. from the tech info i wouldn't have picked it up, i mean it has pretty much close to 1 t/w ratio and yes the canards help in low speed turns but still.. wtf right?.. with super-cruise powerful raptor engines i thought there is no way Rafale or Tiffy for that matter would be able to keep up with f22..

i guess if we would be able to obtain tiffy videos vs. f22 it would be similar outcome?.. incredible.. i guess f22 engines are made more for super-cruise than for dogfighting,the f22 pilots must be thinking -this is so embarrassing.. like loosing a drag race while driving a modern BMW vs. a punk kid with pimped up 90's car.. it just doesn't look right..

Setup engagements are suppose to be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to which aircraft is 'better'.

It's all about tactics used in the real world and i'm kinda glad the F-22 pilot lost, i hope he learned his lesson and can change and fix it for the real thing.

Quick question, does anyone know if the Rafale was running with full A-A loadout, including fuel tanks?

It was probably flying clean. Generally speaking carrying live missiles is discouraged, training missiles are preferred, and that has more to do with missiles getting 'used up' in maneuvering, changing temps etc. than how the plane flies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

@ FLANKERATOR

As an european I like the EF and Rafale just as much :) .

Both EF and Rafale are multyroles but AFAIK the Eurofighter was created as a air to air fighter first and air to ground second (That is why France stepped out).So france created the Rafale which was intended to be first a air to ground plane and second air to air.

So the EF has higher thrust to weight and lower wing loading.While the Rafale is probably better suited for ground atack roles.But as the video shows the Rafale is a great dogfighter as well.

Edited by otto

@ FLANKERATOR

Both EF and Rafale are multyroles but AFAIK the Eurofighter was created as a air to air fighter first and air to ground second (That is why France stepped out).

NO.

@ FLANKERATORSo france created the Rafale which was intended to be first a air to ground plane and second air to air.

NO