A10 Gau8 Impact Video-Real or Fake??

LOL.

That is very much a Hollywood special effects video. There are very few real sound effects in it.

Those GAU-8 impacts are just pyrotechnic special effects, not actual 30mm impacts.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That footage is from the IMAX movie Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag, which, although it does have some crowd-pleasers thrown in, is an awesome film about the training exercize at Nellis AFB. One of my favorite scenes is when they show a software very similar to tacview in the E-3

That footage is from the IMAX movie Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag, which, although it does have some crowd-pleasers thrown in, is an awesome film about the training exercize at Nellis AFB. One of my favorite scenes is when they show a software very similar to tacview in the E-3

;)

also i would love to have those external gun sounds of the A10'S

PLEASE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

There is a sound pack with it. I can find it for you if interested.

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

it is from IMAX Red Flag movie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Those are some lovely sparklers attached to that tank, triggering on the wrong side of the hull :D

The actual shooting aircraft may have been approaching from a different side, those F-15s might have been either flying past or placed in there with special effects.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

One thing i wonder is why,in earlier Videos of the A-10,the A-10 has a huge yellow-orange Muzzleflash which is "bended" by the Air in some kind of Mushroom shape.

On Later Videos i only see grey smoke most times.

Did they changed something with the Proppellant?? Or with Muzzlebrakes or so???

In this Video you see both Types,the grey smoke in beginn and the Yellow Flame at 0:40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hy2oahqZiE

here a much better action of A10 in the Sux...

Afghanistan is where these are from..:thumbup:

some racial comments by the camera man so be warned.

in this one first you here impacts then sound if you can count; count in seconds from impact to A10 gun sound and that will tell you how far away he is.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

One thing i wonder is why,in earlier Videos of the A-10,the A-10 has a huge yellow-orange Muzzleflash which is "bended" by the Air in some kind of Mushroom shape.

On Later Videos i only see grey smoke most times.

Did they changed something with the Proppellant?? Or with Muzzlebrakes or so???

In this Video you see both Types,the grey smoke in beginn and the Yellow Flame at 0:40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hy2oahqZiE

I don't know the actual answer to this but sometimes cameras don't catch muzzle flash. I would think that the muzzle flash on a 30mm would be large enough (and it is firing fast enough) that the frame rate of the camera doesn't matter, so I have to assume something else is going on here. However, with typical guns, even fully automatic small arms, the camera often never catches the muzzle flash. I shoot a lot of video of small arms shooting and I'd estimate that when shooting 60 fps we get 1 out of ever 10-15 muzzle flashes caught on video in regular lighting. That rate seems to go up in low light.

Still, I have to assume that a wicked fast 30mm cannon would show up more if it were there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]