PC Pilot Magazine previews the Huey...

bilbosmeggins

Just picked up the latest edition of PC Pilot and they have printed a preview of the Huey. And they like it...... They like it a lot!! Made a very good read, and it is nice to see how it has been received by such a well respected magazine. I just need to find the time and get my Huey airborne now :pilotfly:

Looks like the reviewer had some sense and less of a ego unlike some. :thumbup:

Great news.

Are we still talking about the Frooglesims first impressions, I mean, I thought he released a statement video about the whole debacle and got it cleared up.

I guess the internet never forgives eh?

Are we still talking about the Frooglesims first impressions, I mean, I thought he released a statement video about the whole debacle and got it cleared up.

I guess the internet never forgives eh?

to much FSX i guess;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Looks like the reviewer had some sense and less of a ego unlike some. :thumbup:

Great news.

you do know he is a writer for that Mag right?:thumbup:

So if I was you I would eat crow.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

you do know he is a writer for that Mag right?:thumbup:

So if I was you I would eat crow.

who wrote the review for the mag?

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

who wrote the review for the mag?

Chris from HQsims, AKA BeachAv8ter

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Chris from HQsims, AKA BeachAv8ter

I just love his reviews and articles. He's got that rare talent that even if he criticizes something, it makes me feel as if the product in question is absolutely and positively unique and he's just pointing something out so that people know about all aspects. I've never read any review from him that wasn't extraordinarily well written, so I guess it's no surprise that he says nice things about the Huey.

OT: Hey, BeachAV8R, if you happen to stumble across this, what happened to the Vergeev Campaign AARs? The last one I noticed covered mission #9 or #10 out of 20. Hope you haven't abandoned that campaign! :)

Edited by Yurgon

His AAR's on SimHQ are epic.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the kind words..

Just to be clear..the PC Pilot article was a preview since we don't really review stuff in beta. So the articles tend to give an overview and we try to get an idea on the general trend of the quality of the product in anticipation of what the official release will look like. With that in mind, I felt confident in the quality Belsimtek has shown thus far..so my preview comments reflect that.

I'm very happy that we are featuring the great products by ED and their associates in our pages. Of course ED and their DCS lineup have set the bar pretty high..which means all third party stuff will be measured against it.. But we are also keeping in mind the target audience and intent of various modules that will become part of DCS World. Lite modeling doesn't necessarily equate to any less fun..it just depends on how the developer is approaching and marketing their module. It looks like we have a great range of realism, depth, and eras coming down the pipe for World. It is a great time to be a sim enthusiast indeed..

The Vergeev campaign reports will continue soon. Had a few irons in the fire recently that kept me away from finishing the campaign but can't wait to get back to it. Never enough hours in the day..!

BeachAV8R

It looks like we have a great range of realism, depth, and eras coming down the pipe for World. It is a great time to be a sim enthusiast indeed..

I couldn't agree more!

There are some modules that I don't have a strong interest in, but seeing as they are going to broaden the DCS horizon, it's really good to know that more stuff is coming. And the Huey really is a wonderful module. I don't think I've ever had so much fun in something still labeled "Beta".

The Vergeev campaign reports will continue soon. Had a few irons in the fire recently that kept me away from finishing the campaign but can't wait to get back to it. Never enough hours in the day..!

I know that feeling. I think I prepared for an hour or so for one of the upcoming SAR missions in that campaign because the pilot is required to follow a particular search pattern without predefined waypoints over the Black Sea. Finally a good chance to study ABRIS drawing. And I nailed it in the first attempt, that was an additional reward. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A low resolution scan of just the first page of the article. Obviously - we'd love for everyone to run out and buy a copy of the magazine to read the rest.. ;)

(Also included the first page of the DCS A-10C Tutorial from the same issue..and a page from the "Challenging Airports" series featuring the VRS Hornet and the Nimitz..)

Regards!

BeachAV8R

BEL1.jpg

BEL2.jpg

BEL3.jpg

A low resolution scan of just the first page of the article. Obviously - we'd love for everyone to run out and buy a copy of the magazine to read the rest.. ;)

(Also included the first page of the DCS A-10C Tutorial from the same issue..and a page from the "Challenging Airports" series featuring the VRS Hornet and the Nimitz..)

Regards!

BeachAV8R

Thank you! I can recommend your articles to everyone - they're an interesting and entertaining read for both newcomers and advanced simmers alike. :thumbup:

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Hi BeachAV8R. I love the way the tutorials are structured, and having a tailor-made mission file and handy print-outs for each session is a truly great way to go. Can you reveal whether or not the Huey will be getting any tutorials in PC Pilot, or does it need to come out of beta phase first before it can be considered?