Should I buy Flaming Cliffs 3 or wait for the modules?

Hey guys. Just a little background, I have had every lock on games since...well the original lock-on. Flaming cliffs 1 and 2 etc. TO be honest, with work and study, I've hardly had time to play any of them.

I have also A-10, Combined arms etc.

I'm wondering if I should get flaming cliffs 3 with the fact that the modules will be coming out in next few months?

Does current FC3 integrate with DCS world? Probably not right?

Just not sure where's the wisdom in buying FC3 now then having to buy modules again few months down the road.

Any insight on this? I ask only because $ is very tight and if I can avoid a double purchase of what is essentially almost the same thing, I'd like to do so.

Thanks!

Does current FC3 integrate with DCS world? Probably not right?

Just not sure where's the wisdom in buying FC3 now then having to buy modules again few months down the road.

It does, but because of those upcoming modules it's risky. If they decide to give some discount on those modules on the account of the FC3 purchase, great, but if not, you better get your money's worth till those modules come out (if AFM and whatever's in line for the modules in future is something you fancy).

If you have some other modules to play with in the meantime, the safest bet IMHO would be to wait.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It does, but because of those upcoming modules it's risky. If they decide to give some discount on those modules on the account of the FC3 purchase, great, but if not, you better get your money's worth till those modules come out (if AFM and whatever's in line for the modules in future is something you fancy).

If you have some other modules to play with in the meantime, the safest bet IMHO would be to wait.

Thanks for the advice mate. I will do just that and wait, maybe try out the new Huey which I'm definitely getting. Need to control my impulse purchases :(:doh:

I think that if you really like all the aircraft, wait for the modules and buy them individually. If you really like 1-2 planes but still want to be able to fly them all, buy FC3, as it's on sale now, and get the modules you want when they release later.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'm trying to convince myself that buying it for the carrier ops while the Hornet is being developed is good enough for now. Not working too well yet. Must be the high price tag compared to everything else (because we all know LOMAC/FC is the cash cow) that is keeping me a bit disgruntled. Haha

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

This modules will feature:

1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)

2- 6 DOF cockpit

3- AFM

4- Lock On level cockpit systems

$19.99 USD at release

Mi-8? What will it be used for? Transportation or something like that? Hmm, sounds to me like someone giving me a KC-135 Stratotanker or a C-5 Galaxy! Oh well, I guess I shouldn't even go there! I'm sure they will make the best decision anyways. They know what they're doing and what the demand is. Hoping by the end of the year I'll have a comp that can handle these modules.

I play LOMAC lol!

Duke of Montebello, Marshal of the Empire

Marshal on http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/

Thanks everyone for the help. I don't have much time to play to be honest, so it's probably just wiser to hold out and buy the modules separately, which would be expensive enough when you add up all the costs!! I might get FC 3 down the road if modules for the Su-33 don't come out as well.

For now, I'll just buy huey!

Too bad I can't afford a good pair of pedals as well!

If you got some extra cash (30$) to spend, I would get it now and then later just pay for the updated AFM flanker and eagle. The Su25 with its AFM and new cockpit is such a fun aircraft to fly. But again...if I was penny pinching, I would agree...wait for the separate modules and you can be done away with the lock on limitation.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1794677#post1794677

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog