Skins

HowlinWolf

I have perused the forums, and can't find any reference on how to change your skin in game, either in offline or online game/mission. Found the intercom function to change loadouts............. pretty cool I like that one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

[sIGPIC]VFA-151_zpsc7bcfa86.png[/sIGPIC]

Change the skin via the Payload tab in the Mission Editor.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Can you enter the Mission Editor for a campaign or single mission though? This is the question I have. I can change the skin in the Mission Editor for a mission I've created but can I change the skin for a pre-made mission?

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you enter the Mission Editor for a campaign or single mission though? This is the question I have. I can change the skin in the Mission Editor for a mission I've created but can I change the skin for a pre-made mission?

Adding to this...can you change the skin when joining a multiplayer game?

Adding to this...can you change the skin when joining a multiplayer game?

Thank you, I want to know the answer to that as well.

I'm hoping there is some way to set a "default skin" to use. That would be AWESOME!

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you can edit a mission, both single or multiplayer, regardless of who created it. I have done it myself, mainly to use a custom skin in single player :)

You can adjust the skin for multiplayer, but unless the others flying with you have that particular skin installed themselves, they will not see it.

I don't know if things have changed, but at one time I do believe they would see the orange "invalid" skin instead.

Skin installs have improved somewhat, but they are still not as simple as some other sims, that are practically "drag and drop" and I don't know of any share function that would let them be installed on the fly.

There is also no default skin setting that I know of, other than it seems to go to the first skin in line when you first open the editor to create a new mission.

Yes, you can edit a mission, both single or multiplayer, regardless of who created it. I have done it myself, mainly to use a custom skin in single player :)

You can adjust the skin for multiplayer, but unless the others flying with you have that particular skin installed themselves, they will not see it.

I don't know if things have changed, but at one time I do believe they would see the orange "invalid" skin instead.

Skin installs have improved somewhat, but they are still not as simple as some other sims, that are practically "drag and drop" and I don't know of any share function that would let them be installed on the fly.

There is also no default skin setting that I know of, other than it seems to go to the first skin in line when you first open the editor to create a new mission.

So if a friend and I are flying missions together, the only way we can use our custom skins is to open each mission in the editor and change the skin of the planes, then save the mission?

Bummer. I was hoping for a default .lua or .cfg file or something. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you both have the skins installed, only the host would need to have changed the skin loadout in the editor. Obviously, if you are taking turns hosting, you'd each have to have made the edit. Anyone who wanted to enter the hosted mission would get the skin callout and would have to have that skin installed.

The key is to have them installed on each machine so they will display.

However, if you want to use a consistent skin, once you have made and saved the changes, it will stay changed, so you and your friend would only have to do it once.

And really, it is not difficult or time consuming to edit just that one parameter in the mission editor.

Okay, thanks, Wolf. He's hosting so I'll have him load up the missions in the editor and change the skins. It should be easy enough, there are just a lot of missions to do that for.

Thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

damn I thought it might be easy like in IL21946 or something ie. dropdown box for something so simple....*sigh*

Yes it was easy to change your skin in Multi if you do not like the skin the mission editor picked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]