New here with questions

Pinefang

Sorry if there is a FAQ page that answers my questions but I have looked around and even the forum is confusing. My first question is about this DCS world. I bought the DVD but now from what I have read it appears that I need to download DCS world to get the latest software of the program. Is this correct? Totally confused at this point can any one help. Thanks in advance.

Welcome. :)

If you have purchased a DVD copy of A-10C, this is the old standalone version. You can run it on it's own, no problem, but it will be old. (And for this reason, you'll not see quite as many people online, if multiplayer is your thing.)

The solution is to download and install DCS World, and then download and install the A-10C module from our website. You can find them here:

DCS World: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

A-10C Module: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/?

The A-10C module requires activation, however the serial number from your DVD copy is valid, so there is no need to purchase again. Similarly, the DCS World host programme is Free-2-Play, so no need to purchase anything additional there either. (And indeed, you'll get the Su-25T aircraft as part of DCS World, as well. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks, following your instructions and all is well so far. Was surprised at 1 hour time to download for three of the files though.

Did you use the torrent option because it is alot faster if you have got a good connection. I always opt to download from torrent.

Pretty big download, takes some time, but worth the wait! Once you have the latest DCS World installed and the A10C module, don't forget to download it too (it's much smaller than world) you shouldn't have to download that again as the new versions of DCS World include auto-updaters. Welcome to the wonderful world of DCS A10C Study sim.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Welcome. :)

If you have purchased a DVD copy of A-10C, this is the old standalone version. You can run it on it's own, no problem, but it will be old. (And for this reason, you'll not see quite as many people online, if multiplayer is your thing.)

The solution is to download and install DCS World, and then download and install the A-10C module from our website. You can find them here:

DCS World: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

A-10C Module: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/?

The A-10C module requires activation, however the serial number from your DVD copy is valid, so there is no need to purchase again. Similarly, the DCS World host programme is Free-2-Play, so no need to purchase anything additional there either. (And indeed, you'll get the Su-25T aircraft as part of DCS World, as well. :) )

What happens if I bought the A10 (I assume its the stand-alone version) off Steam? Does it come with a serial number?

Chris

What happens if I bought the A10 (I assume its the stand-alone version) off Steam? Does it come with a serial number?

Chris

It does, I can't remember where it is but have a poke around to see if you can find something. Someone will chime in here soon enough no doubt.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing