a couple of MIG-29s questions

I have a couple of MIG-29s questions:

1. On the vertical speed indicator both on the right side of the HUD [when on final and gear is down] and the cockpit gauge, are the numbers representing metres a second?
  2. If a target dot on the HUD is high, medium or low is it representing where I should be looking relative to my altitude or is it representing the relative distance to my plane [high being far and low being close]?

Thank you.

1) Yes.

2) Target mark high is far away, target dot low is close. There is no huge reason for this to indicate some direction you should be looking since this radar mode is for BVR - Beyond Visual Range. You won't see anything even when looking in the right direction, and either way it's your computers and radars that will do the weapon guidance :) (Well, aside from when transitioning to WVR combat, but you'd get the same effect through locking the target)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

1) Yes.

2) Target mark high is far away, target dot low is close. There is no huge reason for this to indicate some direction you should be looking since this radar mode is for BVR - Beyond Visual Range. You won't see anything even when looking in the right direction, and either way it's your computers and radars that will do the weapon guidance :) (Well, aside from when transitioning to WVR combat, but you'd get the same effect through locking the target)

Thank you for your response.

Using IRST, is it also indicating far/close?