How Do I Open DCS on a 2nd Monitor

GAJ52

As the title implies how do I open DCS on a 2nd monitor.

I do NOT run DCS in full screen mode, so how do I set DCS to open on a second monitor. My main monitor is to my left and second monitor straight in front of me. I have configured my setup like this for FSX as the Task Bar etc is not on my 'Simulation' monitor, which causes a big FPS drop in FSX if the screen touches the Taskbar.

Most Windows can be dragged to either monitor - how do I do this with DCS ?

Thanks

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Most Windows can be dragged to either monitor - how do I do this with DCS ?

Set your In-SIM resolution to a lower setting that your smallest monitor and then drag it to your left-hand monitor. I have two monitors in the same config as yourself with my secondary to the right. Primary is 2560x1080 and Secondary is 1920x1080. The only way I can get DCS on the secondary is to set the resolution to the setting below 1920x1080 In-SIM, which is 1776x1000. Once set, you can then drag it to the left or, in my case, the right, to get it on the Secondary.

Edited by 159th_Viper
Typo

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Many thanks, that did work, only problem is it doesn't remember this the next time it starts. Always starts back on the other monitor, also the GUI appears correct but when I go fly a mission it jumps back to the other monitor again, so I'm constantly dragging the window between monitors.

I have reselected my secondary monitor as the 'Main' again now its working as normal, I'll just have to drag the bottom of the FSX window away from the taskbar.

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro