Please help me get sound in game!

ozTRipwiRE

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to set up DCS Warthog on a new PC (as well as the Huey beta and LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs 3) to use with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick and Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals. All seemed to work OK until I tried to load up a mission (Sitting Ducks) and then the sound just went totally off. It worked properly until I started the actual gameplay and then when I was put into the cockpit all sound stopped. It also happened in the Huey beta. Of course I pressed 'Pause' to begin the mission before this happened. As soon as I stopped playing 'in-cockpit' and got back into the other menu screens the sound came back on. Could anyone please help me to fix this? Any help would really be appreciated. 0

My computer specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. Sorry if I have written these out wrongly as I am not extremely technically minded. Sorry also if I have given out too much info here as I wasn't sure exactly what to include.

ozTRipwiRE

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to set up DCS Warthog on a new PC (as well as the Huey beta and LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs 3) to use with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick and Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals. All seemed to work OK until I tried to load up a mission (Sitting Ducks) and then the sound just went totally off. It worked properly until I started the actual gameplay and then when I was put into the cockpit all sound stopped. It also happened in the Huey beta. Of course I pressed 'Pause' to begin the mission before this happened. As soon as I stopped playing 'in-cockpit' and got back into the other menu screens the sound came back on. Could anyone please help me to fix this? Any help would really be appreciated. 0

My computer specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. Sorry if I have written these out wrongly as I am not extremely technically minded. Sorry also if I have given out too much info here as I wasn't sure exactly what to include.

ozTRipwiRE

Did you disable your onboard sound (from motherboard) via bios option?

• 2 weeks later...

Please help me get sound in game!

Hi,

Sorry USSR Rik about taking so long to send this to you but I have been away. I am not sure if this is what you were asking me to send to you but I have attached a saved track of me playing the Sitting Ducks mission in Warthog without sound. Hope it is what you wanted. If not could you please tell me how to properly attach the log file you asked me for? Thanks very much for your help, it is much appreciated.

Also NB Eagle, I did not change any settings of the motherboard at all. I left everything as it came when I bought the PC.

Thanks,

ozTRipwiRE

Sitting Ducks mission.trk

Edited by ozTRipwiRE
Sorry but my file did not attach

Can it be maybe this ?:

If your drivers are working and up to date and your DCS install is really not corrupt. - I have only one guess:

Please check your sound control-panel of windows, if each slider is really up.

(I post this as you didn't made clear which sliders exactly you are talking about: "All sliders are at 100%" )

sound.jpg

Since Windows7 each application has its own volume control.

And as the GUI and Sim are technical different applications - it has no meaning if you can hear the button click of the GUI but nothing inside the Sim (as you can see on the screen-shot).

Hope it is what you wanted. If not could you please tell me how to properly attach the log file you asked me for?
You attached mission, but I need log files. You can see them in 'Saved Games\DCS\Logs' follder, these files named as:

dcs.log

me.log

Yust run your mission, fly for a several seconds, exit to Windows, archive both files and attach here.

Please help me to get sound in game-Reply to USSR Rik

Hi USSR Rik,

Thanks for your help. I have saved the log files and have attached them to this post. I hope that that is what you meant by archiving. When I looked up the log files the ones under 'DCS' showed up as not being modified the day I last saved the game while those log files under 'DCS Warthog' did, so I attached those that were under 'DCS Warthog'. Just in case you still wanted those log files under 'DCS' I attached them anyway. Hopefully you can easily tell which are which by their names.

If I have done this wrong once again could you please tell me what to do to do this properly?

Thanks very much,

ozTRipwiRE

5 July dcs file under DCS Warthog.pdf

5 July me file under DCS Warthog.pdf

5 July dcs file under DCS folder .pdf

5 July me file under DCS folder .pdf

Thanks for your help resolving sound problem

Hi,

Just want to say thanks very much for your help trying to get the sound to work properly on my new PC for my ED games. I put my headset into my PC and found that the sound worked fine even during missions. I then put my speaker’s cord that was in my TV straight into the headphone jack on my PC and that got the sound working through my speakers. This worked fine even during missions. Thanks again for your help to resolve this issue, it is very much appreciated.

ozTRipwiRE