P-51 Campaign

Toni Carrera

I am taking advantage of the sale that is going on and probably going to purchase all of the modules that are air related.

With regards to the 51, is there a campaign to play and single missions etc? I don't want to get it if it is just a flight model (albeit a good one I am sure)

Thanks

Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Yes there is a campaign, but sadly it only consists of "challenge" missions, that test your proficency in handling the aircraft. I hope that changes with the release of DCS:FW-190.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Do you happen to know if the UH-1H Huey contains proper missions as I have just purchased it. Sorry, I know this is the wrong forum

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Brilliant, that is my evening taken care of. Hopefully my TM HOTAS WartHog will work with the Huey

I love DCS Products. Why don't they do cool pilot clothing. I need at least a cap for my TrackIR clip

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Brilliant, that is my evening taken care of. Hopefully my TM HOTAS WartHog will work with the Huey ...

The HOTAS works very well with the Huey - it's just you who will have problems landing the chopper. Lots of. :D

Forget about the campaign and practice landings and hovering. This will keep you busy for quite some time.

It's very frustrating to fly a campaign mission for 90 minutes and die at the very end due to VRS. I know it, I've been there - not once. :music_whistling:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

yeah P51 a real let down in that area

And noone to remedy that. I was hoping Heinkill of CloD fame would breach the gap, but sadly he did not.

And noone to remedy that. I was hoping Heinkill of CloD fame would breach the gap, but sadly he did not.

It's kind of difficult to create a campaign with the P-51 and the AI FW-190 being the only WWII "things" in current DCS.