Ed June 2013 newsletter

Well frankly I feel more than a bit jipped by the Huey being $19.99 when I paid full price for the Pre-Order.

Won't be making that mistake again with any modules from now on!

Fixed it for you.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it as a mistake, or any problem. I bought something I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Prices drop. It happens. Sometimes they drop quickly and sometimes it takes ages. It's not as if something I already have has been taken away from me.

• Like 1

Brisse

I have supported the company since it started out and bought Lock on, FC, A-10 Beta, Black Shark 1 + 2 so I think I stand in a pretty good place in terms of how much money I have thrown their way over the years.

Six months down the line, I could staomch, but 1 sodding month is a kick in the nads from where I stand.

Being unhappy with a sale price after paying considerably more not so long ago is getting old real quick. It happens in all markets with every kind of product you can imagine. The sale price difference in the instance of the DCS range's regular pricing is pitifully small in the big scheme of things.

Imagine you just bought a house and the housing market collapses the next day, you invest heavily in the stock market only to see you share prices plummet, you buy a really expensive toaster and it goes on special a week later. It happens every day all over the world and is part of life. Deal with it. If it's really bugging you that bad, get a life!!

Edited by Hawk_5

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Well frankly I feel more than a bit jipped by the Huey being $19.99 when I paid full price for the frickin Beta.

Won't be making that mistake again with any modules from now on!

And as has been stated AD NAUSEUM.. You paid regular price (Not a higher price) for the opportunity to use the pre-release version and enjoy it LONG BEFORE the completed version will be released. (And you will get full use of the final version as well)

Also, you make it sound like you only get to use the beta / pre-release until the final product is released and then have to repurchase it. (And this is of course BS)

You guys friggin kill me... Sooo, based on what you said, you are ticked off that you were able to purchase the thing months ahead of time and get to fly it as it is being tweaked... :cry:

Some more of that great ENTITLEMENT mentality...

As far as the $19.99 vs $39.99 goes, if it hurts that bad then NEXT TIME WAIT FOR THE SALE.

I for one pay full price on all of the modules to support these guys and the great work they do.

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Six months down the line, I could staomch, but 1 sodding month is a kick in the nads from where I stand.

Yes, I can understand if people feel that way, and you are certainly not the only one.

Me, I had a feeling there would be a summer sale when I bought it. It's not the first time ED has a sale. Next time, maybe I will wait but there is a few modules that excites me enough for me to buy them as soon as they are released.

And as has been stated AD NAUSEUM.. You paid regular price (Not a higher price) for the opportunity to use the pre-release version and enjoy it LONG BEFORE the completed version will be released. (And you will get full use of the final version as well)

Also, you make it sound like you only get to use the beta / pre-release until the final product is released and then have to repurchase it. (And this is of course BS)

You guys friggin kill me... Sooo, based on what you said, you are ticked off that you were able to purchase the thing months ahead of time and get to fly it as it is being tweaked... :cry:

Some more of that great ENTITLEMENT mentality...

As far as the $19.99 vs $39.99 goes, if it hurts that bad then NEXT TIME WAIT FOR THE SALE.

I for one pay full price on all of the modules to support these guys and the great work they do.

Seriously.... u can never please some people.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Well... unless some of us are able to see into the future, I heard about the sale well after I bought it. So am I supposed to wait after every module hoping maybe there will be a sale? I mean... comeon.

Personally, I dont feel much pain from paying the higher price, but saying that we should be able to tell the future and wait for the sale is a bit of a stretch.

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

I am doing the same - I don't mind paying more since the quality of product I get back is just incredible.

I wouldn't mind if they would take my money and burn it or do whatever they would like - they deserve it !

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Well... unless some of us are able to see into the future, I heard about the sale well after I bought it. So am I supposed to wait after every module hoping maybe there will be a sale? I mean... comeon.

Personally, I dont feel much pain from paying the higher price, but saying that we should be able to tell the future and wait for the sale is a bit of a stretch.

Do you need to be able to look into the future to see there is a winter coming, followed by another summer?

If you want to save the money, patience is your only guide. There's no magic to that.

And if you really need to do this by the book, use the search-function and look up previous sales. Season-sales are probably season-sales, because the repeat themselves with the seasons. No crystal-ball needed here either.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD