Ed June 2013 newsletter

Give the man something to post about tomorrow.

now... GET BACK TO WORK.... Cuz I know alot of yous are like me.... sitting in a cubicle somewhere posting on forums during most of the work day.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hacked the security system via IP and was watching you using Channel 8 Camera.... and PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I'm actually about to take apart one of my Operton Servers for a cleanin'...

• ED Team

I will try to answer a few questions that have come up in this thread:

1- There has been no decision in Moscow regarding the availability of the new advanced flight models to the FC3 aircraft. While there is discussion of making this available as an FC3 upgrade at a lower cost than the full module, I can say with confidence that they will not be made available for free given the large time and financial investment. When I am told the final decision on this matter I will post it.

2- The News Letter was written several days before the ATC improvements were moved into 1.2.5. ATC improvements are still planned for 1.2.5.

3- New effects (including weapon effects) are in development. We expect that these will address the effects performance issues. I have no ETA at this time.

4- Other FC3 aircraft will be improved as well (like the Su-27, Su-25, F-15C and A-10A). When they are further along, we will discuss them.

5- Remaining issues for some FC3 aircraft like CCRP, EOS, and F-15C landing issue will be addressed. Right now our staff is quite overloaded with other, higher priority items.

Matt

In the mean time, Im still waitin for my Direct Dep to clear so I can buy some Modules.......

there is discussion of making this available as an FC3 upgrade at a lower cost than the full module

I would be perfectly happy with that solution. AFM was not in the list of features when I bought FC3 anyway. We got what we payed for.

There is however one thing, I think, that we don't have yet as of 1.2.4

AFM for A-10A as stated here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1676695&postcount=7

I would be perfectly happy with that solution. AFM was not in the list of features when I bought FC3 anyway. We got what we payed for.

There is however one thing, I think, that we don't have yet as of 1.2.4

AFM for A-10A as stated here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1676695&postcount=7

2nd to last line of his signature:

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

What sorcery!?! To be honest sitting here doing automated fidelity runs on my sim at work, so can't do much till the data runs are done (that's my excuse anyhow!)...while reading about sims on a forum, while anxiously awaiting to try out the Huey when I get home...simception!

Simception indeed. Computer is out of commission running analyses, so that's usually my justification for browsing the forums. I tried the huey at lunch time! Landed successfully the first try then had a glorious crash when I got cocky.

So at the same time, one customer of FC3 could fly an Eagle or a Flanker in the same server as other customer with the Flanker or Eagle standalone with AFM?

The same bird, at the same time, in the same server, one with AFM and one without.

Not very wise for me.

I will be waiting for the full DCS module at higher level. In the meantime Albatros and Fishbed can fill my time more than enough.

I understand the amount of work, time and funds this new AFM´s needs. But from a customer point of view paying for FC3, paying again for this transition improvement, and paying again when the full DCS module arrives is a no go for me.

To new customers without FC3 it´s very clever, and a good movement, but for FC3 owners is a redundant buy. AFM it´s important but i can wait for a full module.

My support for sure for future full modules, now it´s time for me to enjoy what i already have ( A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, FC3, CA, Fishbed preorderer). More than enough until DCS: F-18C and DCS: Su-27.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

1- There has been no decision in Moscow regarding the availability of the new advanced flight models to the FC3 aircraft. While there is discussion of making this available as an FC3 upgrade at a lower cost than the full module, I can say with confidence that they will not be made available for free given the large time and financial investment. When I am told the final decision on this matter I will post it.

Fair enough. Thanks for the extra information.

2- The News Letter was written several days before the ATC improvements were moved into 1.2.5. ATC improvements are still planned for 1.2.5.

Woooo!

3- New effects (including weapon effects) are in development. We expect that these will address the effects performance issues. I have no ETA at this time.

Double-wooo(reserved due to lack of ETA:D)

Now, as this is the internet, I need to find something to be angry about. Does anyone know if Wags has ever hurt puppies or kittens?

So at the same time, one customer of FC3 could fly an Eagle or a Flanker in the same server as other customer with the Flanker or Eagle standalone with AFM?

The same bird, at the same time, in the same server, one with AFM and one without.

Not very wise for me.

I will be waiting for the full DCS module at higher level. In the meantime Albatros and Fishbed can fill my time more than enough.

I understand the amount of work, time and funds this new AFM´s needs. But from a customer point of view paying for FC3, paying again for this transition improvement, and paying again when the full DCS module arrives is a no go for me.

To new customers without FC3 it´s very clever, and a good movement, but for FC3 owners is a redundant buy. AFM it´s important but i can wait for a full module.

My support for sure for future full modules, now it´s time for me to enjoy what i already have ( A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, FC3, CA, Fishbed preorderer). More than enough until DCS: F-18C and DCS: Su-27.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I am very happy to read Matt answers, since the global plan suits me perfectly ! Mig-29 and Su-33 won't be forgotten, all efforts are going to bring fast movers that we love to DCS hardcore modules in the end. :pilotfly:

Keep going to that bearing, boys, all we need is FC3 jets as amazing as A-10C is ! :thumbup:

So happy to see you working on AFM, advanced 3D models, and onboard systems as a next step... This is what we expect from you ! You made us worry about P-51, but now DCS Su-27 ans DCS F-15C are on the way... :)

I will try to answer a few questions that have come up in this thread:

4- Other FC3 aircraft will be improved as well (like the Su-27, Su-25, F-15C and A-10A). When they are further along, we will discuss them.

5- Remaining issues for some FC3 aircraft like CCRP, EOS, and F-15C landing issue will be addressed. Right now our staff is quite overloaded with other, higher priority items.

Matt

Well, just wait for the price of the upgrade.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt

Hopefully making strides on the development of the IG/EDGE! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So what they did previously wasn't true in the end? FC3 owners will NOT receive these improved (AFM) aircrafts, they have to pay for it (maybe at less price).

Basically they are making money from an update... what's next? We will have to pay to have EDGE?

• Like 2