How can I set the Tanker to orbit to practice refueling?

Dudester22

I did look this up and came across this post by a Guy who I have quoted below. However, I cannot see an option to use a "track-trace orbit" and I don't even know what speed he suggests the tanker to be at. Can someone tell me how to set the tanker in the editor so that I can practice refueling because I don't see anything saying "track-trace orbit" like he has suggested. Also, just wondering what I am supposed to set the Tachan at if the AM frequency is at 150mhz for the tanker, Like where do you find the number and letter to put in there? Thankyou!!

To get the tanker to actually be useful to you, you'll need to use the 'advanced' button at the bottom of the waypoint properties to open up the tasking options, and add an 'orbit' task (use a trace-track orbit). The default speed will be fine for refueling. That will cause the tanker to look between the selected waypoint and the next one forever. Otherwise it will just fly its path and then land somewhere, unless you manage to catch up to it in time.

Edited by Dudester22

Thanks - Now I just need to know what number and letter to put in the Tacan? I have left the AM at 150mhz, but I don't see anywhere in the editor what tacan number or letter I'm supposed to use.

Usually air units use 'Y', and ground use 'X', and in option numbers can be from 1-126.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: