Tunguska SA-19

Buzpilot

I've actually been having the same issue in Instant Action. I fire of either an AGM-65D or H and the missile never makes it. After about 10 seconds it is gone (can't even see it anymore in F6). Interestingly enough, the SAM's missile also goes missing after firing (only if I also fire on it).

This seems to only have become a problem in the current version as I periodically fly the Instant Action.

Have noticed today that once the SA-19 has expended all it's missiles you can circle around it very close and it will not engage you with its cannons..... it will track you but it will not fire..

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Maybe you guys have gone blind or something, but this is NOT about the ability for Tunguska to shoot down Maverics.

One Clue, I didn't shoot one single Maveric.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

From the Russian part of the forum. About Tunguska.

I think you know who it is Chizh

Originally Posted by Chizh viewpost.gif

Тунгуска в новом патче 1.2.5 не будет обнаруживать тактические ракеты воздух-земля.

Originally Posted by Chizh viewpost.gif

Tunguska in the new patch 1.2.5 will not detect tactical air-to-ground missiles.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Tunguska will shoot down Mavs currently, its a known issue.

Here is a vid from Viper showing how to engage the Sa-19

The BIG difference here, is that in this video, Maveric lock's up 7.2 miles away, in mine, it never lock's up.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

The BIG difference here, is that in this video, Maveric lock's up 7.2 miles away, in mine, it never lock's up.

Is it the same with I/R Mavs?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper is using the IR Maverick which has much better range and target locking ability.

You look to be using the TV Maverick which relies on contrast and in certain conditions may never be able to lock a target up...... about 4-5 miles is about right for the TV sensor.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Viper is using the IR Maverick which has much better range and target locking ability.

You look to be using the TV Maverick which relies on contrast and in certain conditions may never be able to lock a target up...... about 4-5 miles is about right for the TV sensor.

I tried this With both types. And in video, I turned away at 3.9 miles without getting Lock. And the dark dot in middle of maveric camera, suggest it's not a contrast problem.

Edited by Buzpilot

I tried this With both types. And in video, I turned away at 3.9 miles without getting Lock. And the dark dot in middle of maveric camera, suggest it's not a contrast problem.

OK - had a look at your mission. Is there a reason for so much Tunguska's? Which one are you attempting to target?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK - had a look at your mission. Is there a reason for so much Tunguska's? Which one are you attempting to target?

The reason I added a column of more, was I wanted to check if there was difference between moving and stationary. Moving should definitly be hotter if this was the reason to my lack of locking on to them, I also used LGB's with no problems, but they just follow laser.

Edit; Secondary reason, it's always fun with successfully Escapes :)

Is it the same with I/R Mavs?

Yes. ( I made it to about 3.4 this time)

I made another video With IR, in case it's different on Your Version, Viper.

A-10C vs Tunkuska SA-19 IR.trk

Edited by Buzpilot

.... in mine, it never lock's up.....

Really stoopid question, but you are mashing TMS Fwd Short, right? Reason I ask is that I took your mission and removed all the Tungs bar one and put it in the valley on the road. Ingressed and got track at 5.8nm with the H-Mav. Waited till Tung launch, launched the Mav and defeated the incoming missile by manoeuvring until my Mav tanked the Tung:

vfmt1Vt9C6k

As you can see, no issues for me. Try it with the edited mission and see if you get the same:

A-10C vs Tunguska SA-19 Grizon.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really stoopid question, but you are mashing TMS Fwd Short, right? Reason I ask is that I took your mission and removed all the Tungs bar one and put it in the valley on the road. Ingressed and got track at 5.8nm with the H-Mav. Waited till Tung launch, launched the Mav and defeated the incoming missile by manoeuvring until my Mav tanked the Tung:

vfmt1Vt9C6k

As you can see, no issues for me. Try it with the edited mission and see if you get the same:

[ATTACH]83870[/ATTACH]

Hmm, now I feel stupid , I have mostly played A-10A lately, and Su-25. And forgot about the tms short forward. Maybe delete this thread :)

Was it like this on standalone Versions, can't really belive i should forget that one.

Important thing is that you got it sorted :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]