DCS Tank Simulator Possible?

obiten

DCS Tank Simulator Possible?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Tank Simulator Possible?

• Yes
    • No

Since the introduction of Combined Arms, this idea has been stuck in my head. Out of curiosity, would it be at all possible to create a full fidelity tank simulator for DCS? With a clickable pit and the like? It certainly seems like it could be done, there's already controllable vehicles and now multiple seats with the addition of the Huey. There aren't many tank sims out there, and certainly none of DCS quality (at least that I know of). I think it'd be pretty fun getting a group of people together and driving around the frontline in a T-72 for example, one person commander, another gunner, driver, maybe loader...just add beer and there's your Saturday night :D

Okay, maybe not loader, but you get the point. There's a lot that needs to be improved with DCS at the moment (especially the ground aspect) before such a thing can even be considered, but it seems like it could have quite a bit of potential!

Might as well attach a poll to see if anyone else would be interested in such a thing.

Out of curiosity, would it be at all possible to create a full fidelity tank simulator for DCS? With a clickable pit and the like? It certainly seems like it could be done, there's already controllable vehicles and now multiple seats with the addition of the Huey.

I don't see why not.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

No, but I would pay fore a much more comprehensive ground command simulator: ammo and resource manual management, team and team fatigue management, weapons, machines and vehicles wear, radio sim, etc :).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Sorry, it's a no from me. I'd prefer to see other things like more high fidelity jets, naval ops, dynamic campaign etc first.

Once we have all the above, then it's a maybe.

I'd still rather fly over the ground and Mach 2 than trundle across it at Mach 0.02 though ;)

Maybe EDGE will change all that!

yes

and please do not just tanks, but also trucks

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Yes, but I'm really waiting for the Edge Engine. The terrain is a little too "lite" in graphics and objects right now.

Really want to see DCS: M1A2 TUSK and DCS: T80U. Plus BMP3, M2, BTR-90, BDRM, etc. would be nice.

And of course, INFANTRY!

The vehicles should be as realistic as the A-10, and Black Shark.

World should mean WORLD.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

can be the two options on DCS:W.

- Field commanders: (Add on the mission editor force structure editor to can assign forces chain command to Ground commanders and no interfere with forces on the terrain), that can give orders to them via overlays / Graphics maps)

- Tank / Vehicle commanders: control vehicles / section / platoon vehicles via radio or platoon / company / battalions via map commander.

But need some DLLs or Lua archives to make them "pilotable" (for now community not sure how make / develop a vehicle into DCS:W).

can be something open a similar poll to ships?.

• ED Team

But need some DLLs or Lua archives to make them "pilotable" (for now community not sure how make / develop a vehicle into DCS:W).

Yup, I think we are still missing some nuggets of info, or need to develope these nuggets ourselves...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Many players Combined Arms from the Russian part of the forum would like to play DCS: (Tank name...) module. :)

ED team was announced a few suggestions on the full module for CA.

But 100% response has yet been. We (RU players) hope for a positive response from the ED team :thumbup:

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

You hear that, third party devs? There's your million dollar idea! Now make it happen! :lol:

Seriously though, I hope that DCS can eventually reach a level where we have people not only flying planes and helis, but also on the ground driving tanks or artillery and commanding... Maybe someday. I know DCS gets compared to ARMA too much, but I'll go ahead and say that it would be like an ARMA for people with too much time on their hands! (and that's a good thing)

Though I agree that the jets and new terrain stuffs should come first. Something like this would really be best left to a third party.

• ED Team
And rest of the world CA commanders, "realistic" DCS: (Tank mane...) module can be a boost on ground and help to ED to open new markets, and dream with SamSimulator or similar into DCS:W

CA is almost a tease of what could be possible... dont get me wrong, I love my CA and couldnt imagine any other module without it... but oooo there could be so much more :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It could be like ARMA without playable infantry but more realistic vehicle gameplay?

(Although infantry is the main thing in ARMA so that example might not work...)

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd love to see a DCS-tanksim.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

It could be like ARMA without playable infantry but more realistic vehicle gameplay?

(Although infantry is the main thing in ARMA so that example might not work...)

Lol, no, if you want the FPS players, you MUST have infantry. What I invision is a world with two types of players. Air forces and ground forces ( and maybe a third: Naval forces ). On the one hand, you can play one and ignore the other entirely. Small FPS missions may be like this, with maybe using Naval as the embarkation point at the start of the mission. Think small Crysis 1 missions such as Plantation, or Shore. On the other hand, you could have bigger, Arma type missions which include Infantry being backed up by Naval and Air Support. Or you could simply be doing CAP over an area, pretty much ignoring what is happening on the ground, as it really isn't much of your business. You were just told too keep the skies clear.

I know there are people on here who want NO FPS ( no human ground forces ), so that's fine, they don't have to participate in those combined missions. They can fly their own. Also, there are going to be FPS types that are going to HATE being hit by CBU's and Attack Choppers. Again, they can simply keep them out of their missions.

All this will open up the game to MANNNYYYYY more players ( and third party developers ), not to mention a much better business model. All I can say to third party developers is, look at DCS: Warthog, and keep it at that level or better if you want to sell you modules.

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

DCS Tanks would be useless as CA is today in the current world : IA find you even if you are hidden in a forest.... We played tonigh JTAC mission as invincible and invisible unit, because we cannot mark something before being engaged by ennemies troops. :mad:

Yeah, I've yet to play an FPS cough* ARMA cough* where the enemy can't see through mountains.

Check out this thread if you haven't already. Nothing official or confirmed, but DetroitDiesel mentions talking to Wags in the thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80545&highlight=Wags

I have discussed this with Wags, and it isn't time yet.

Take from that what you will, but a wild guess would suggest that ED recognizes that DCS World is probably not ready for a full tank sim just yet.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

DCS Tanks would be useless as CA is today in the current world : IA find you even if you are hidden in a forest.... We played tonigh JTAC mission as invincible and invisible unit, because we cannot mark something before being engaged by ennemies troops. :mad:

I agree, which is why I said this kind of thing needs to wait until everything else is fixed up. So far not only the AI but also the terrain need improvement before this sort of project would be worthwhile.

Yeah, we'll have to see how good EDGE is. But really, fixing the AI and making some better terrain / objects shouldn't be THAT hard.

I'd have to say no here. I dont think there is a big enough market for a tank sim, let alone if each tank has to have at least a 3 person team to operate it...

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

I'd have to say no here. I dont think there is a big enough market for a tank sim, let alone if each tank has to have at least a 3 person team to operate it...

It wouldn't really need a full crew of players. Just look at the Huey. You can fly that thing fine on your own, with AI taking over the other seats. Not to mention, you could switch seats yourself if you ever wanted to take over.