Saitek X52 Pro - using rotary for NVG gain in DCS A-10

For those of you with an X52 Pro, here is a little tip on how to get the night vision goggle gain programmed to use your rotary.

In SST, simply set the rotary to Directional Axis, knock down the sensitivity (10% is what I use), and program advanced commands for + and -. The result is a not-too-sensitive gain up and down control for your night vision goggles. See the screenshots for specifics.

I hope this helps any of you who want to use the rotary for something in A-10! For the record, I use a bare SST profile for my controller and map the buttons within A-10. But I use SST for the speed brake slider and now for NVG gain.

rotary_1.png.82061c2e437aae4e84fe79e7cdd9115c.png

rotary_2.png.af9ae2f64a285d6b20718db2ba7a7a2e.png

rotary_3.png.5ff100424b613f75dac585648e560729.png

• Like 1

Hi TimeKilla,

Make sure you set your Rotary 1 or Rotary 2 to Directional Axis. Drag the sensitivity bar to the left so it is about 10% of the overall length. Then right-click on the + command box and choose New Advanced Command... Name the command and under the Press box, hit the keyboard key you have mapped to Goggle Gain Up (I think you remapped it to +, so press and release the + sign). You will see two + signs, one for the press and one for the release. Right click in the Press box and Quantize Time.... Set it to 0. Then select the second + sign (the key release) and right-click. Choose Set Delay... and set it to 0.050. Check the Macro checkbox on the right hand side and then click OK. Repeat the process for Goggle Gain Down.

If you save the profile and then activate it,your gain up and gain down will be controlled with turns of the rotary up and down. The macro will only send one key press for each directional move up and down. I've been using it for a few days and it works great.

Good luck and let me know if your require further assistance. And thanks for the 'rep! It's appreciated.