where can i download

bri29

hi wonder if someone can help me try to down load dcs_world files always comes back that the files are corrupt and thats with all the sites can any one tell me where is a good place to down load this thks:cry:

yer thats the one that is giveing me corrupt files

Torrents are notorious in my area of the USA for screwing up hard drives.

I download using the USA FTP mirror. I have had no issues. The initial download takes around an hour for each piece of the total, around 5 hours total.

I have all the DCS stuff except CA, which will be rectified in a few days.

This link for DCS_World :

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

I setup a folder in My Documents and load the .exe file on top, then consecutively down, 1.bin, 2.bin, 3.bin, 4.bin . The .exe file does it all as to setting it all up.

Now you have the auto-update feature. Not sure how the process goes nowadays with adding the modules. I did it all long-hand before the update feature except for the Huey, but I do not remember how I did it.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

arent torrents supposed to have integrated CRC Check to avoid corrupted files when downloading?

Is it saying it's corrupt in the torrent program or when installing?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There is no way for a torrent file to screw up an HDD. It might spread files too much (then defrag) and it might task the HDD heavily while in use, but you have to have a monster connection to run into that problem. (Or have an ancient HDD.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

BT Changed all my desktop Icons to blank file type icons... forced an opsys re-install

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

so are they corrupted when downloading or when extractin/inflating/installing?

Run the CRC Check as soon as the download finishes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Basic check: make sure you have enough free disk space to extract the files.

Also check your hard disk for problems - if you've downloaded files from multiple places and they all show as corrupt, it's more likely to be a problem on your local machine that with the files (that everyone is downloading without problem).

In windows 7, open Computer, right-click your hard disk -> properties -> tools -> check now.

Make sure you have up-to-date malware/virus checkers and do a full scan of your computer.

BT Changed all my desktop Icons to blank file type icons... forced an opsys re-install

No it didn't. ;)

Well, unless you picked some very dodgy client to install and this one came loaded, but basically - it doesn't have access to that kind of stuff. The operating system does however have access to that stuff, and when you install something that introduces new file associations Windows will rummage through it. It's exactly the same thing that happens as when you install an mp3 player or get VLC installed. I've gotten blank desktop icons from all kinds of things (for example, installing WinAMP). Got them back through eeither forcing an Explorer process restart or simply starting/stopping a fullscreen application. Caused windows to reload it's icons and to do it properly that time.

Reinstalling the OS for some shortcut icons is also a bit weird, just change them back.

Now, seriously, unless you've gotten your machine infected by something nasty through downloading a bunch of less-than-legal torrents that came with payloads, there is no way for a torrent download to damage anything - and even then it would be highly unlikely simply because such virii aree out of fasion. The proposition is akin to saying that tuning into a specific AM radio station will cause your radio to catch fire...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester