Dual channel memory on triple channel?

Heres the deal: My computer's RAM slots are organized in a triple channel setup (2x3 slots.) I currently have 3 2GB RAM sticks installed. Originally, I had 3 1GB RAM sticks. I still have those laying around and I also have 3 empty slots i could use. I would like to install 2 of them in order to have 8GB of RAM.

1: Is there any bad side effects of using 2 RAM sticks with a triple channel setup?

2: Would 2GB of RAM add much performance advantage?

3: Would it be best to use all 3 1GB sticks in order to get 9GB of RAM instead?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. I'm not sure with your Mb but on mine if I only use one channel it drops to single data rate.

2.Probably won't notice much from 6 to 8 GB.

3.With triple channel you would want to use all 3. Keep in mind all the memory has to run at the same frequency so if your new memory has a higher frequency than the old it will drop to the lower frequency.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

1. I'm not sure with your Mb but on mine if I only use one channel it drops to single data rate.

2.Probably won't notice much from 6 to 8 GB.

3.With triple channel you would want to use all 3. Keep in mind all the memory has to run at the same frequency so if your new memory has a higher frequency than the old it will drop to the lower frequency.

That is very good to know, thanks. I just have to figure out what my old memory frequency is...

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It can be overclocked if its stable so you may be able to run at the same speed. I haven't had any luck with my memory in regards to an oc.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb