Question regarding Leobodnar BBI-32 Board

Warhog

There is hardly any information that I can find about wiring this board. Has anyone here had any experience with it?

I purchased one for my UFC and it is simple enough to wire in that there are two inputs for each switch. I am using momentary on switches. I would like to know if it is possible to wire these switches up with a common ground daisy chained to each switch? I am hesitant on doing so since there must be a reason he provides a separate ground for each switch. Also would have been nice if there was some documentation on it.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

He does that so its easier to wire up for most people, especially when using the push-in connectors.

If in doubt just try it with two switches first.

Looking at the micro on the board it seems to have plenty of legs to provide 32I/O pins, there will be no matrix on the pcb, so common ground should not only be possible but is already in place.

Hi-

Yes! You can wire up switches with a common ground. I seem to remember that you can daisy chain ALL the grounds and wire it into one ground plug, but don't quote me on that, 99% sure. Not 100 :P

I am 100% sure.

32 truly independent digital inputs for buttons and switches No matrix, no diodes, no daisy-chaining. And yes, each input has its own two terminals (GND can be shared between inputs if necessary.)
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There is hardly any information that I can find about wiring this board. Has anyone here had any experience with it?

I purchased one for my UFC and it is simple enough to wire in that there are two inputs for each switch. I am using momentary on switches. I would like to know if it is possible to wire these switches up with a common ground daisy chained to each switch? I am hesitant on doing so since there must be a reason he provides a separate ground for each switch. Also would have been nice if there was some documentation on it.

Hi Mate

I recently nought the same board as yourself, right now I am messing around with a variety of switches, just to see what ones I prefer..

I'll let you know how I get on.

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Yes. You can share a common ground wire for all button inputs on the BBI-32. On a single board you can use any gnd connection on the board for any button input. Wire are necessary for your layout.

Yes you can i have two with a mix of shared single and multi ground

Just to be clear. It would be a bad idea to share a common ground across two boards. This could create some interesting issues if you ended up running the boards off two different power supplies (aka two different powered hubs).

Yes. You can share a common ground wire for all button inputs on the BBI-32. On a single board you can use any gnd connection on the board for any button input. Wire are necessary for your layout.

Just to be clear. It would be a bad idea to share a common ground across two boards. This could create some interesting issues if you ended up running the boards off two different power supplies (aka two different powered hubs).

Yes of course any one board only not between them I just took that as read silly me:music_whistling: