Default TM HOTAS WH Throttle Settings

Toni Carrera

What are the correct positions for a Ramp Start on the Throttle Unit on the WartHog HOTAS. I want to use the 'Sync Settings with HOTAS' option available for that small amount of extra realism. I am referring to the switch settings if that wasn't clear.

Thanks

T

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Should be something like this if I recall:

Cold & Dark Prestart

----------------------

Throttles: OFF

EAC: OFF (Down)

RDR ALTM: DIS (Down)

LASTE: ALT/HDG (Middle)

Flaps: UP (Up)

APU START: OFF (Down)

ENG OPER L&R: NORM (Middle)

ENG FUEL FLOW: NORM (Up)

-------------------------

Boat switch: middle

Air Brake: Middle

Master Light Switch: Middle

======================================

After Start ready for taxi & Takeoff

Same as above except what is shown below

----------------------

Throttles: Idle

EAC: ARM (Up)

RDR ALTM: NRM (Up)

Flaps: M/R (Middle (ready for takeoff))

-------------------------

Master Light Switch: AFT

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Regardless of position I find that the flaps and throttles doesn't register whatever physical position it's in when I ramp start. Have to move it up then back down to "off" and only then can I advance the throttle forward in-game. Not sure if its me or a bug.

All other switches like APU and stuff works fine.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Flaps works for me ok they are in synch with physical position on my WH.

Throttles and ENG Fuel Flow does not work for me.

It does not bother me, as I said you still have to do pre startup checklist and set it correctly.

One problem I seem to have is that I thought the Speed Brakes split open, my speed brakes seem to only go up.

Or am I wrong about the split?

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

The Speed Brake was an optical illusion. When I looked at it in F4 mode it was split wing.

Thanks anyway

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Almost

Flaps are always down in ramp start so

Flaps: DOWN (Down)

Be sure you make pre startup checs anyway

True.... but it doesn't change the fact, that the flap switch starts in the up position, which is the info he needed.

And yes, pre start checks are always a good idea. Which includes set flap switch to flap position.

Regardless of position I find that the flaps and throttles doesn't register whatever physical position it's in when I ramp start. Have to move it up then back down to "off" and only then can I advance the throttle forward in-game. Not sure if its me or a bug.

The part with the throttle I have noticed myself lately. Definitely a bug.

During the startup procedure, when needing to move throttle out of detent.

I'm having to first pull it out of detent and a bit forward, then back in detent.

After this I can then pull the throttle out of detent like normal, and the sim will register it.

Might be the same that you were explaining.

Been meaning to report this, but I need to check something first.

Runi. "IceCat"

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Odd I can not reproduce this in single player. Need to check this when i'm online again.

Runi. "IceCat"

I'm having to first pull it out of detent and a bit forward, then back in detent.

After this I can then pull the throttle out of detent like normal, and the sim will register it.

Might be the same that you were explaining.

Been meaning to report this, but I need to check something first.

Yup that's what I have to do.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40