Need advice - Landing = Descending + Deceleration? For me ... it equals VRS :(

Flagrum

In the other thread I talked about that... There is no way (That I know of) to verify the exact version once it is installed.. (In my case I still had my original module install file saved away and it ended in .168... I then went out to the web and looked at the version currently out there and it ends in .186 and that is what prompted me to try the re-install)

If you want to try it, you will need to uninstall your existing Huey module, RESTART your machine and then install the .186 module off the website... I don't recommend trying to just install over top as that seldom works and could cause worse issues...

In my case it made a world of difference in regards to VRS.. With the old version I was augering into the ground repeatedly.. With the new version I have not had VRS issues at all and this is much more realistic according to what I have read and what real Huey pilots have said...

I had the Huey deinstalled before applying that .186 file. But, yeah, I did not restart the computer in between.

Also, as I am re-checking things, I notice something strange with the autoupdate in general (yeah, on MY machine ;P). But I put that story in another thread so we can stay on topic here.

edit: fresh install of DCS World 1.2.4.11652_168, autoupdated to 1.2.4.12913_167, then installed Huey 1.2.4.12913_186, flew it, crashed it like before. I can't see any substancial difference to before regarding transistion from ETL to hover when it comes to how suddenly VRS kicks in. Tried it 5-6 times in a row now.

edit2: on MY machine.

Edited by Flagrum

I had the Huey deinstalled before applying that .186 file. But, yeah, I did not restart the computer in between.

Also, as I am re-checking things, I notice something strange with the autoupdate in general (yeah, on MY machine ;P). But I put that story in another thread so we can stay on topic here.

edit: fresh install of DCS World 1.2.4.11652_168, autoupdated to 1.2.4.12913_167, then installed Huey 1.2.4.12913_186, flew it, crashed it like before. I can't see any substancial difference to before regarding transistion from ETL to hover when it comes to how suddenly VRS kicks in. Tried it 5-6 times in a row now.

edit2: on MY machine.

Unless I am reading it incorrectly, you autoupdated to 167 and then installed right over the top of it.. As stated before, you should UNINSTALL module 167

RESTART your machine

Then RE-INSTALL .186...

Please try this..

(And I can't guarantee this will fix your issue, I can only tell you that this has helped me and some other folks as well..)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Unless I am reading it incorrectly, you autoupdated to 167 and then installed right over the top of it.. As stated before, you should UNINSTALL module 167

RESTART your machine

Then RE-INSTALL .186...

Please try this..

(And I can't guarantee this will fix your issue, I can only tell you that this has helped me and some other folks as well..)

No no ... I did a complete fresh install. I still had the install files of DCS World, that was version 1.2.4.11652_168 with no modules installed at all.

Then autoupdate patched the naked DCS World up to version 1.2.4.12913_167, still not one module in there.

Then finally I installed the UH-1H_1.2.4.12913_186.exe

So, for all I know, I have now the latest version for each part of the install:

DCS World 1.2.4.12913_167 with Huey 1.2.4.12913_186

And I see no real difference to what we were taking about earlier.

No no ... I did a complete fresh install. I still had the install files of DCS World, that was version 1.2.4.11652_168 with no modules installed at all.

Then autoupdate patched the naked DCS World up to version 1.2.4.12913_167, still not one module in there.

Then finally I installed the UH-1H_1.2.4.12913_186.exe

So, for all I know, I have now the latest version for each part of the install:

DCS World 1.2.4.12913_167 with Huey 1.2.4.12913_186

And I see no real difference to what we were taking about earlier.

CRAP.. I was hoping that would help you...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO