Gift option for DCS products

With the upcoming ED sale, I have decided to complete my ED collection and get the Belsimtek Huey and Combined Arms. I also want to buy maybe two DCS: A-10C modules for two of my friends. Anyone know if there is a gift option or something like that? Anything at all that could allow me to give it to them as a present or something?

Thanks in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Don't know if the sale will float over to Steam, but you could gift DCS A-10C there, otherwise I am not sure... a gift option would be cool.

With the upcoming ED sale, I have decided to complete my ED collection and get the Belsimtek Huey and Combined Arms. I also want to buy maybe two DCS: A-10C modules for two of my friends. Anyone know if there is a gift option or something like that? Anything at all that could allow me to give it to them as a present or something?

Thanks in advance!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You can unlink the purchase ( http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/myserials.php ), allowing your friend to get that key associated to their account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Pretty much.

After purchase, unbind the serial through that page. (And of course, make sure you don't unbind the serial you are yourself using.)

Then simply send the serial number to your friend, who should have a DCS Account, and instruct him to activate using this and then log into multiplayer with it using his DCS Account. This will then cause the currently unbound serial number to become reassigned to his DCS account. NOTE: he should make sure to use only one single DCS Account for all modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I am in the same situation, a friend bought the DCS A-10C but He wanted to give to me as a gift. Now, how he can unlink serial from your account and link it to my account DCS: W?

He unlinks it through the page I linked previously.

He gives the serial number to you (MSN, skype, Email, paper etcetera).

You use it.

It's now yours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Pretty much.

After purchase, unbind the serial through that page. (And of course, make sure you don't unbind the serial you are yourself using.)

Then simply send the serial number to your friend, who should have a DCS Account, and instruct him to activate using this and then log into multiplayer with it using his DCS Account. This will then cause the currently unbound serial number to become reassigned to his DCS account. NOTE: he should make sure to use only one single DCS Account for all modules.

Great! Thanks. That's what I'm going to do then. I also put a post in the DCS Wishlist. Maybe we can get an official gift code option in the DCS store.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to contact us.

You just need to start using it yourself. After a key is unlinked, it automatically links to the next account that uses it. Which would then be yours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Great! Thanks. That's what I'm going to do then. I also put a post in the DCS Wishlist. Maybe we can get an official gift code option in the DCS store.

I hope so too. There are some technical hurdles but it is planned. Can't say when though. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I hope so too. There are some technical hurdles but it is planned. Can't say when though. :(

It's no biggie. I appreciate all the work ED and 3rd party developers do for us. Their work is amazing and a gift code should definitely not have a high priority. It is more of a luxury. It is great having such a wonderful community of simmers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same here, i have the heuy, gifted but it is still not appearing on my serials list. a support ticket was sent a long time ago by the gifter to have this changed over to my account as ownership. which still has not been done !

can i even expect that to be done?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same here, i have the heuy, gifted but it is still not appearing on my serials list. a support ticket was sent a long time ago by the gifter to have this changed over to my account as ownership. which still has not been done !

can i even expect that to be done?

Assuming this was what happened:

1) User A purchased the license.

2) User A unlinked the license from his account, and gave you the serial number as a gift.

3) Did you use said serial number yet, and did you do this in MP?

If "no" on #3, please try this.

If "no" on #2, please ask him to do this.

If he can PM me the ticket number I can look at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Assuming this was what happened:

1) User A purchased the license.

2) User A unlinked the license from his account, and gave you the serial number as a gift.

3) Did you use said serial number yet, and did you do this in MP?

If "no" on #3, please try this.

If "no" on #2, please ask him to do this.

If he can PM me the ticket number I can look at it.

ok ill make that happen. yes to all. no probs with the process and usage so far other than not appearing to own the huey on the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ website in my profile.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]