CF-18 Hornet

blksolo

I did not put it here because I thought Coretex was doing the C Hornet,I just thought it was an interesting video.It's rare that you see a pilot going into the ins and outs of HOTAS and mfcd's like that.Does ED have an F-18 forum ?I will post there next time.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I did not put it here because I thought Coretex was doing the C Hornet,I just thought it was an interesting video.It's rare that you see a pilot going into the ins and outs of HOTAS and mfcd's like that.Does ED have an F-18 forum ?I will post there next time.

No, but it does have a miscellaneous "Military and Aviation" forum that would more perfectly suit this kind of thread :)

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

• ED Team

Well they just went through a modernization... so I dont know where that puts them, but you are correct, originally they ordered A's and B's... They actually call them CF-188s now?

Er NO you Canuks use the A and the B :) ... with that CF moniker in front of them.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The only differences between the Stock USN delivered FA18A and the CF version were:

Incorporation of the Visident light.

Deletion of Navy ILS system (control panel on left console was still fitted)

Incorporation of Civil VOR and ILS (controlled by UFC and HSI option buttons)

Addition of Ejection tone

Martin Baker Combined Harness replaced USN style Torso harness

Software Armament mod to cater for CRV7 and BL755 and LAU-5003/A and SUU-5003/A

Different main gear Oleo design (God knows why !)

Deletion of CV INS alignment capability

No ACL capability

*Sanitised Radar software loads (RCAF did not initially get NCTR from day one) and some other stuff in the sanitisation process

Similarly the RAAF spec changes from the stock A model were:

HF Radios and KY75 secure HF comm system

Deletion of Navy ILS system ((control panel on left console was still fitted)

Incorporation of Civil VOR and ILS (controlled by UFC and HSI option buttons)

Addition of Gear down tone

Martin Baker Combined Harness replaced USN style Torso harness

Removal of Launch bar (caused nothing but troubles with nose wheel shimmy)

Barometric settings in Mb rather than inches

Software armament mod to cater for SUU-20a

Deletion of CV INS alignment capability

No ACL capability

*Sanitised Radar software loads (RAAF did however get NCTR from day one)and some other stuff in the sanitisation process.

The RAAF aircraft were designated FA-18/A and TF-18/A (later in line with USN nomenclature the duals were designated FA-18/B)

The C model had numerous significant hardware changes to give it a different designation. Both the RCAF and RAAF Hornets were A models with minor customer mods.

*The Sanitised radar loads were not really detailed to the operators but basically the radar performance in the early days of both the RCAF and RAAF Hornets were not as good as the basic USN aircraft. This was particularly noticeable in TWS performance and stability. This became a sore point for both the RAAF and RCAF as both operators believed they were getting un sanitised loads.

Edited by IvanK