Track with Voiceover: A-10A_Campaign_Mis002

Hi folks,

Just put this up on my site. It's not a formal tutorial but some of you might find it useful and/or entertaining anyway. Someone on the Ubi board was asking for suggestions concerning the A-10 Campaign's 2nd mission. I had recorded my attempt. Went back today and added a rudimentary voiceover to help explain how I was managing my wingman. Unfortunately, he didn't come home with me (2, ejecting!). It's an abject lesson in what happens when you stop paying attention for 15 seconds. OTOH, the rest of the mission went well.

***FC V1.11***

To those of you asking for a formal tutorial or two on wingman management, this isn't it. But you might enjoy it anyway.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Rich,

My sincerest compliments.

You have made a quantum jump for training.

Not just teaching the mechanics of usage of avionics and weapons, but now in the decision making process during a mission.

It's better than any military teaching aid I've seen.

Strongly advise any mud-movers to look at it.

Bravo Zulu.

Best regards

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Hey Ironhand, seems like you never stop tracking!;)

I´ve got to comment on this one though...:

1. First and strangely, the track doesn´t play correctly for me.

Your wingman is shot down already while u turn cold after your second attack run where you launch on the two SAMs.

You yourself get shot down by the Osa on your first recon pass after having fired all 4 Mavs.

I started the track several times, always with identical results.

(V1.11, no mods, no problems before or with any other 1.11 track)

2. I don´t want to show off or harm your reputation as the finest and most productive LO-track producer, but you´ve made a mistake/misjudgement.

Upon ingress enroute to waypoint 2 you first encounter a Tor and an Osa. Shortly thereafter you make a huge effort circumnavigating, overclimbing and looking out for what you mistake as two Shilkas.

- But what in fact are two hostile Mig-23s...

I´m not blaming you, Rich, I bet everyone of us made this mistake more than once.

That´s why this SA issue can´t be repeated and stressed enough.

The otherwise vanilla westerns RWRs have this little built-in trap that some nails can be mistaken for muds and vice versa if they are additionally marked as primary threats. You have to look very closely to see the small additional "roof" symbol that distinguishes a primary threat F-15 from a primary threat Tor.

Popping up below the ceiling sure would not be your best tactic against two hot Floggers... - thank god your CAP took care of that.

I´ve seen those errors and the resulting fatal tactical decisions from time to time. It has something to do with our way to play LOMAC, with our specialization:

Hog drivers are bound to mistake Mig-23s for Shilkas because the Floggers are so rarely encountered online or in training missions with AI.

Eagle drivers just love to mistake the Tor for a hostile F-15. If that launches onto them, some think it´s a good idea to drop down to the deck to dodge the expected AMRAAM or Sparrow. They´re doomed.

I hope you agree with me that it´s better to bring this up publicly than PMing it solely to you, thus enabling the whole community to profit from it.

So, gentlemen, there´s even more to learn from Ironhand´s track than he intended to teach us...

I´d say that´s what marks a truly extraordinary instructor!:D

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Hmmm....Don't know why it's not playing back correctly for you. Maybe it's just your turn. Every track I've ever recorded has not played back correctly on someone's machine. I have the emails to prove it.

I was wondering who'd catch the Shilka faut pas. Blame it on Track IR and trifocals (the glasses are new)--creeping age sucks. I literally have a very difficult time seeing the screen clearly if I'm using track IR and have to move my head. So... maybe it's time to hang up the Track IR.

After adding the voiceover and uploading the track--I didn't have much time and, so, was rushed--I began to wonder about the "Shilka's" behavior. Went back and looked more closely at the track and--shit!

The track was already uploaded. I could either re-edit, change the voiceover and upload the revised version so I wouldn't look quite the fool or let it stand. I decided to let it stand and started counting the hours. I knew someone would spot it. You win. :)

Take care.

Rich

Hey Ironhand, seems like you never stop tracking!;)

I´ve got to comment on this one though...:

1. First and strangely, the track doesn´t play correctly for me.

Your wingman is shot down already while u turn cold after your second attack run where you launch on the two SAMs.

You yourself get shot down by the Osa on your first recon pass after having fired all 4 Mavs.

I started the track several times, always with identical results.

(V1.11, no mods, no problems before or with any other 1.11 track)

2. I don´t want to show off or harm your reputation as the finest and most productive LO-track producer, but you´ve made a mistake/misjudgement.

Upon ingress enroute to waypoint 2 you first encounter a Tor and an Osa. Shortly thereafter you make a huge effort circumnavigating, overclimbing and looking out for what you mistake as two Shilkas.

- But what in fact are two hostile Mig-23s...

I´m not blaming you, Rich, I bet everyone of us made this mistake more than once.

That´s why this SA issue can´t be repeated and stressed enough.

The otherwise vanilla westerns RWRs have this little built-in trap that some nails can be mistaken for muds and vice versa if they are additionally marked as primary threats. You have to look very closely to see the small additional "roof" symbol that distinguishes a primary threat F-15 from a primary threat Tor.

Popping up below the ceiling sure would not be your best tactic against two hot Floggers... - thank god your CAP took care of that.

I´ve seen those errors and the resulting fatal tactical decisions from time to time. It has something to do with our way to play LOMAC, with our specialization:

Hog drivers are bound to mistake Mig-23s for Shilkas because the Floggers are so rarely encountered online or in training missions with AI.

Eagle drivers just love to mistake the Tor for a hostile F-15. If that launches onto them, some think it´s a good idea to drop down to the deck to dodge the expected AMRAAM or Sparrow. They´re doomed.

I hope you agree with me that it´s better to bring this up publicly than PMing it solely to you, thus enabling the whole community to profit from it.

So, gentlemen, there´s even more to learn from Ironhand´s track than he intended to teach us...

I´d say that´s what makes a truly extraordinary instructor!:D

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I know exactly what you mean.

I´ve produced several tracks for our internal recruit training and in one I made a mistake that I decided to leave in the voiceover even after correcting it in the text.

I have to explain myself to every recruit since.

I think in the future we will fire any recruit who doesn´t find the mistake for not paying enough attention to the material we provide him with... - just kidding.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"