How to accidently break you HUD

MrJoel

So I was introduced to the ability to use snap views of the cockpit last week by using Ctrl+0 instead of having to hold Ctrl+whatever number Io wanted to see. This has been helpful, but on occasion it has caused my HUD to be broken afterwards. The Image of the HUD was huge and useless.

Tonight when running through a stand alone mission I figured out how I am breaking it.

When I use Ctrl+0 then select another view when I am done I keep hitting F1 to leave the view. When I do this is pops back to the central snap view and once I hit Ctrl+0 to move back to the standard view mode the HUD will be broken (HUGE HUD VIEW) until restart.

So this is something to avoid if you have been seeing this issue pop up also. I have seen it off and on since last week, but it took me this long to see how I was breaking it. Hopefully it can be addressed in a patch at some point.

Edited by MrJoel
Changed esc key to F1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same problem here...

had a little workaround by pressing RShift+RCtrl + / or * on the numpad... this made the hud-content completely viewable by positioning the pilots head right in front of the hud...

imo its a bad workaround because the fov is worse than before... you cant look at the hud and keeping an eye on the other instruments...

please ed help...