See through aircraft

My brother just installed DCS World and A-10C Warthog, I went over to his place to help him get started but noticed anytime the view is in close, the aircraft seems to have a see through effect, even in the cockpit the wings have this effect. Any ideas as to why this happens?

I will try to get a screenshot of this.

Thank's for any info : Thumbup:

Yes, I've had that for a long time ago. I think it is about changing your graphics card settings. Try to set to some default value, for instance "best graphics" or "balanced" then try to start the sim again.

• 3 months later...

Clipping, or seeing through objects, is an issue on systems with Intel IGP + Nvidia GPUs. You will need to set DCS.exe to use the Nvidia GPU (SkateZilla's comment) but this is not enough.

In graphics.lua under low/medium/high are the clipping settings for near, mid, far. Set the near one to 0. By default it is set to 0.2 or 0.4. This also gives you on average +10FPS as the clipping reduces performance.

PS: If you don't have an Intel IGP + Nvidia GPU, then the cause of the problem is something else and I can not guarantee this fix to work.

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• 1 year later...