Migrating DCS World

Hello I have DCS World with latest updates, and own Black Shark 2 , Warthog and Combined Arms Modules.

I'm buying a new Laptop soon and would like to know what should I do to avoid downloading the whole 5 GBs of DCS World again. Can just copy and paste the whole DCS World folder to the new PC and then deactivate and reactivate the licenses from the current PC to the new Laptop to play there?

Thanks

A few days before getting the new laptop start downloading and put the files on a USB stick. It will be one less thing to do when you have to set up.

Another thing you can do is save your personal settings so you don't have to figure them out again.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

:no_sad::no_sad::no_sad: terrible news lads.... I'll never cope with this connection lol......

I think I still have the 1.2.? installation files somewhere.... then I 'll perhaps try to update through the updater from there..... though it will still take a long while....

Guys, what are you talking about? You don't need the installer AT ALL. It's enough to just simply copy the entire folder from one computer to another. I have two separate installs at the moment and neither one of them used the installer.

Azrayen, in fact the installer does nothing more than add a registry entry.

cricnewbye, back up your current DCS world somewhere and just copy it over when you get the new computer. It's as simple as that.