Mission: Hover Practise

Telomere

Hi all

I made a mission to help practise hovering in the Huey (and also to learn how to use the mission editor). It's not complicated, just a simple In-Ground-Effect lesson, with some logic to grade your performance at hovering.

There are two separate tests for which you can be graded A, B or C. The first test has you hovering in a reasonably large area, the second makes the area smaller and also requires you to point in specific directions.

Mission is attached to this post. Would appreciate any feedback on bugs or improvements!

Version 2 changes:

• Added a third test
  • Added numerical scoring after each test
  • Fixed a couple of bugs I found

HoverPractise_Title.png

Hover_practise v2.miz

Edited by Telomere
Added version 2
  • Like 5

Cool, this will come in handy now that I have extended my stick. Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks Telomere, another nice example for a Huey Missions!:thumbup:

My grades were not that good on my first try, though. Got grade B first and then grade C on the smaller rectangle.:music_whistling: And I have parked the Huey as ordered...

What about some Lee Ermey voiceovers while practising. :D

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

C and C. :joystick::joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear people are enjoying it.

I can get A on the first test and B on the second... If no-one is able to achieve A on the second, I think I may need to adjust the requirements down a little bit. If anyone gets an A, or thought it was unreasonably hard to get an A, let me know.

Also thinking about what to do for a third test; will try to post an updated version over the weekend.

If no-one is able to achieve A on the second, I think I may need to adjust the requirements down a little bit. If anyone gets an A, or thought it was unreasonably hard to get an A, let me know.

I've just tried it once, got B and B, and I know I didn't hold it steady during either test. So far, the grades seem very reasonable.

Edit: Er, what I actually wanted to say: Great mission! :thumbup:

Fantastic little mission, Telomere. Loved it!

Oh, and B and C... :( :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thanks for the compliment after parking the chopper :D

..........Needed it.:)

Yeah, I like that too. :)

Also thinking about what to do for a third test; will try to post an updated version over the weekend.

Sounds great, keep'em coming! :thumbup:

I've added two more attempts to my roster, second was A + C and the third was A + B. I think I actually may have scratched a B+ performance, but the IP wouldn't call it an A yet. :)

And damn, if someone had told me two weeks ago that I'd be able to even hover within a 30ft square (did I say two weeks ago? Make that a 3000ft square :D), I'd have laughed at him "Yeah, sure, right, whatever." :joystick:

Edited by Yurgon
Old track removed, probably wouldn't replay correctly any longer

A & B, I like it. fun mission. Maybe next one can be on holding a hover at empty weight and then the 2nd or 3rd challenge could be fully loaded or at a remote location at a higher altitude, get a feel for her in different flight regimes. :)

I've added a new version, it's attached to the first post.

• Added a third test
  • Added numerical scoring after each test
  • Fixed a couple of bugs I found

eeeuuhh !!

Knocked one of the grunts over (on purpose :music_whistling:)..and...got what i deserved:megalol:.

Very funny !

Glad to see someone found that feature :)

A & B, I like it. fun mission. Maybe next one can be on holding a hover at empty weight and then the 2nd or 3rd challenge could be fully loaded or at a remote location at a higher altitude, get a feel for her in different flight regimes.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I had some similar ideas -- I was thinking of adding wind and rain, hadn't thought of the "hot & high" aspect though. I think I'll have to make separate missions -- except for cargo weight, those parameters can't be changed during a mission to my knowledge.

I've added a new version, it's attached to the first post.

Wow, that's a great addition. Now I have A + B + B, although personally I would have graded myself C on the third test (and with 44/100, it was probably pretty close).

Glad to see someone found that feature :)

Had to try it out. Nice. :)

But remind me never to do that again, those drivers seemed to be pretty pissed at me for knocking out their buddy. :D

Then again, this opens up a whole new scenario (unless someone has already built a mission): You're all out of ammo and need to knock out the bad guys (bank robbers/rebels/whatever) with your skids... :lol:

Thanks for the new version. It is good to be able to quantify exactly how dangerous I am in this thing. Less and less every day!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: