My Warthog HOTAS arrived today, and DCS World won't run!

My Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS arrived today ! - One problem... DCS World will not run.

I've been playing with an xbox360 controller until now.

What happens is, it loads up and works fine, but if I go to fly something, start a mission, or watch a replay, it loads and then crashes saying "DCS World has stopped responding" then loads up to ask if I want to refly the mission !!?

After reading some forum posts about crashes, I decided to uninstall, then reinstall, seeing as I'd only been using it for about a week.

Any ideas?

Send in a crash log from your dcs saved games folder. Someone in the know here will help.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm just taking a wack at it here but one thing I might try is to go into this directory:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\

Then remove all the config files, and put them somewhere safe in case this does not work. When you start DCS World all of these files will be regenerated with default values and I believe it looks at your controllers and builds those config files as well.

If it does not work then remove all the new files that were created, and replace them with the backup of your original files so that at least you are back where you started so that someone else might have a fix for you. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Yep, uploading the logs to this thread would be fine.

Very strange you wouldn't have an 'input' folder under config, though.

I'd probably go a step or two further than Maulkin's suggestion, and just move or rename the Saved Games\DCS folder - that'll remove all your custom settings so you'll have to reconfigure everything, but it's probably the easiest way of determining if the issue is with your particular settings or there's something more serious going on.

Have you tried the HOTAS in any other games, or even just using the Windows controller properties page to make sure it's working properly?

Update:

Something odd happened last night. I tried a system restore to a couple of days ago, when it was all working ok. I left the restore running, when I came back, the restore had failed... BUT I tried a A10 flight and it worked !!!

After having it die & come back again today... I may have the answer.

The other day, I was messing about trying to get cockpit shadows on (Windows7 32bit) so I used a tip on this forum to go to a command prompt and type:

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

it worked for a bit, then crashed.... so, I typed

bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva (as suggested) to reverse the process.

The odd thing is... I can only get the sim to work if I DO use the "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" now and if I undo it, it crashes (immediately.)

• 2 weeks later...

No, TrackIr is managed by the TrackIr program.

You don't need to do anything other than mapping your TrackIr commands to other keys if you wish, but that is done in the TrackIr program, not in DCS (maybe you can do it in DCS but you don't need to)

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Louisv, but I think I didn't make it very clear, I simply mentioned I have track-IR, but my question was about a good profile that used the worthog hotas, but without pedal support.

Also:

Not sure if it's still a bug (as of June 2013) but I can't seem to get the EAC warning light to go off. I know there was an issue, but hasn't that been sorted out?