• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dovetail Games new Flight Simulator

https://fsxinsider.com/dovetail-games-flight-simulator-announced-at-gamescom-2015/

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2015/aug/4/dovetail-games-looks-to-the-future-collaborating-with-microsoft

I know this may be old news to some of you all. It is about time we see a good new flight simulator arrive on the market though. I hope to see improved physics, collision detection, and of course graphics. Also I hope they don't overlook the need for a good net code to fly close formation.

• 1 month later...

North American F-100D "Super Sabre" of Milviz. WIP still but looks awsome!

It will be TacPacked too.

F-100_64_zpsqomesqu7.jpg~original

F-100_70_zpskcpm1o46.jpg~original

9fc68c385379a3da.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sim Skunk Works Tornado released. http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/store/index.php/go-to-our-software-shop/fsx-acc-pack-models/ssw-pa200-tornado-for-fsx-acc-pack-detail

Edit: They changed their website, old link was invalid.

Edited by kam

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

• 2 weeks later...

Milviz SR-71 Blackbird WIP.

XXjzg1I.jpg

FxuHLmN.png

R6lb5rS.jpg

c2k5MJV.png

dn77dXs.png

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eurofighter Typhoon from indiafoxtecho.

The externnal model looks already wonderful

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.de/2016/02/eurofighter-project-and-couple-of-notes.html

Eurofighter Project (and a couple of notes on DCS and other things)...

A quick post to officially introduce the new Eurofighter Typhoon project I am working on to people which may not have a Facebook account. The main scope of this project is to create a detailed Eurofighter model for use in FSX / P3DV2 / P3DV3 environment - including support of Tacpack for weapons functionalities. This is not an easy task as most of the data on the Typhoon is still classified. I managed to get my hands on some very detailed avionics documentation, but performance data is hard to find (and will be guesstimated). I also had the chance to test the EADS rapid-deployment simulator of the Typhoon... which was very interesting in terms of handling (although I have no idea on the actual dynamics accuracy as it is a simulator conceived for area familiarization).

Here are the main features I am working on:

- Highly detailed visual models (external and VC)

- Realistic (although guesstimated) flight model and dynamics

- Realistic avionics (at least for HUD and MFDs), and pilot interface including BAe Striker HMD Helmet

- Support for Tacpack weapons (AIM-9L/AIM-120/GBUs)

- Realistic procedures based on real-world checklists

Aside, I'd like to implement also other features...but these are kind of "nice-to-have" things...but I cannot confirm them at the moment:

- Support for IRIS-T and ASRAAM missiles

- PIRATE implementation (most likely for P3Dv2 / v3 only)

- "Naggin'Nora" implementation

- Custom sound package based on real-life audio samples

At the moment, the external model is almost complete...but still unfinished.

I do not think we'll have a Beta before this summer... so release may well be in August/September.

...below are some other screenshots of the latest build.

Now...some other things...

DCS Compatibility:

I have received several emails and messages asking for DCS support and long story short DCS support will not happen, at least in the foreseeable future. For one, I do not have the time. Then DCS does not offer an open, royalty-free and publicly accessible SDK and requires developers to be highly qualified and acceptance of very stringent requirements.

Note that this does NOT mean that you are entitled to try your own conversion and share them. Sure, you can do whatever you want for your personal use, but converting and than sharing the models and artwork or other stuff is not allowed (see the reasons why below...).

Other Simulators...and exporting my models:

I have also received requests to support other simulators (e.g. FlightGear and XPlane)...but again, I lack time and resources. Then there are a number of users that converted the data of my files and want to share them on the Internet. Again... THIS IS NOT ALLOWED - and it is explicitly forbidden in the documentation of my projects.

The main reason for this is not that I am jealous of my work or anything like that...but the fact that most of my project contain data and artwork from a variety of sources: there is a lot of work from yours truly, but there is also stuff from contributors and (most important) vendors. My models or parts of them are often based on commercial data which I paid for and it is quite expensive. You cannot use them in your projects - as it is a copyright infringment. Full stop.

Project updates:

As usual, I am working on updates to all of my projects... I have spotted a minor flaw to the latest T-45C package, and I'll relase an update which will also contain some special files for cockpit builders. The Military Avatars package and the F-35 also need some bug-fixing... although they have very minor flaws, and there are no red-alerts.

Sooner or later I'll also need to release the long-awaited Viking update.

Future projects:

A quick recap of other stuff I'd like to work in future... but God knows when I'll have time to work on it. And then I am an atheist... so this is more a "wish list" than actual projects:

MB.339 - I have an extrenal model 60% ready, but needs textures...and then there is no VC at the moment. On the good side, flight model and sound package could be reused from the MB.326.

E-2 / C-2 Package - I will soon have some news on this project...

F-14D Tomcat 2016 - I am not happy yet...

So...as you can see there is A LOT of stuff going on. Much more than what I can actually handle... So we'll see. For now Eurofighter Typhoon is the top priority.

11051774_1198881513458641_178550518014354288_o.jpg

12496243_1183609638319162_4189238880249522681_o.jpg

12622464_1187007314646061_6257916176087244042_o.jpg

Edited by tobaschi

• 2 weeks later...

MegaScenery 2.0 Ireland free today only

http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/

As the title says. Regular prices is $30.

EDIT: To the mod that moved my thread--

Are you aware the the Megascenery product works with P3d as well? Are you aware that Megascenery Earth is in no way affiliated with any specific simulator? Why did you bury this in the FSX thread?

Please duplicate my post in the P3d thread, at minimum, otherwise, please put it back where it was.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/

As the title says. Regular prices is $30.

EDIT: To the mod that moved my thread--

Are you aware the the Megascenery product works with P3d as well? Are you aware that Megascenery Earth is in no way affiliated with any specific simulator? Why did you bury this in the FSX thread?

Please duplicate my post in the P3d thread, at minimum, otherwise, please put it back where it was.

Honestly, this is a DCS forum, so we already spent more time than is worth on this anyways ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

A2A T-6 Texan (will be released in few days):

[ame]

[/ame]

11.jpg

10.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

JustFlight Hawk T.1 released.

3MpFORgRvfk

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 4 months later...

A2A's COTS 049 Constellation (no discussion)

The Connie has just been released, for P3D (academic & pro), and FSX.

Please no discussion here, as you know, but in their forums instead :)

Features

History comes alive: Experience a timeless legend brought to life inside a simulation.

Every aircraft is unique: Don't expect all gauges to read the same values, just like the real airplane. And each airplane is persistent.

Four crew positions: pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and navigator. Fully modelled and functioning positions constructed with down to the rivet detail.

Intelligent crew and responsive passengers:

- Your engineer can manage all the systems on the fly, responding to various conditions

- Copilot calls out critical info

- Navigator observes and posts findings

- Flight attendent tirelessly works for both you and the passengers (just like the real world counterparts)

Unexpected events possible: Engines along with other systems including heating, air conditioning, and pressurization can be problematic

Captain's Career: Your performance is remembered and can get better, worse, or stay consistent based on your flying abilities and flight management

Real time Load Manager: with the ability to load individual passengers, cargo, and fuel or select presets.

Custom Navigator's Map: Zoomable map can be customized to show the desired information

Default and Historic Sperry Autopilot: You can select either autopilot in the sim

Authentic fuel deliver includes primer only starts: You can start the engines properly by using primer with the mixture in the OFF position.

Auto-Mixture: that actually performs as intended. Now you can set for “auto-rich” or "auto-lean" and the aircraft fuel to air ratio will be automatically determined and set by the carburetor based upon various factors such as altitude.

Custom Cockpit Systems and Gauges for the ultimate in realism taken far beyond what is available by default.

Inertia starters: Start these big beautiful engines by the book using authentic inertia wheel energizing and engagment

Feathering props and air starts: Custom physics allows for realistic feathering and air starts without using the starter

Deep cockpit lighting: Flood, Flourescent, and gauge lighting modeled

Dual speed superchargers: Proper supercharger physics and each engine can independently run in either high or low blower

New slip and ball code from the Accu-Sim T-6: Enjoy smooth, custom physics in this critical gauge during turning maneuvers

Authentic flight stability: The Connie was known for being a little less stable in pitch than other aircraft, which requires a little more finess and attention

Piston combustion engine modeling

Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures.

Fully click-able cockpits: with authentically working systems and gauges.

3D Lights 'M' (built directly into the model.)

Pure 3D Instrumentation:

- Natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.

- Smooth movements.

Fire Extinguisher system with fully functioning overheard panel and controls.

Ground Power Unit (GPU) to power systems with engines off and not drain the battery.

Cabin pressurization system controls. You control the target altitude and the rate of pressure change and the system authentically displays and manages cabin pressure.

Three different liveries: including TWA, BOAC, and a C-69 cargo paint

A2A specialized bump mapping and specular lighting on all models.

Crew Reports pop-up 2D panel keeps important information easily available

Custom Navigator's map: accessible via keystroke or the Navigators station.

Manage temperatures with engine cowl flaps and oil cooler flaps

High temperatures can adversely affect engine performance, Serious overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls including ultimate failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused.

Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if engines are allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out

Experience authentic asymmetrical drag when operating various flap systems in flight.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FSLabs released the P3D version of its A320-X product.

Make sure to read the reports on VAS issues, as well as those on performance issues, before deciding to buy it.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

pmdg 747 new version has been released

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5