F-15C: Beating the landing glitch.

hypersonik

It is not fixed in todays released build?

nope

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Really cannot understand this, during testing over the weekend I flew a mission tailored for landings at each runway (and I performed many rough landings at different speeds with a heavy F-15C) as Dusty will tell you there were no problems :noexpression:

Really cannot understand this, during testing over the weekend I flew a mission tailored for landings at each runway (and I performed many rough landings at different speeds with a heavy F-15C) as Dusty will tell you there were no problems :noexpression:

probably didnt make it this version not a priority?

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Au Contraire, it was a priority. Give me the example of what happened, where, how fast, was it repairable, etc. The mission would be kewl to have to so we can try to recreate it. I was POSITIVIE we had this one licked :(

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Au Contraire, it was a priority. Give me the example of what happened, where, how fast, was it repairable, etc. The mission would be kewl to have to so we can try to recreate it. I was POSITIVIE we had this one licked :(

here ya go

first try

I am at an utter loss for words. Was this Multiplay or Single Play? Did you try the repair function to see if it was a landing gear collapse (I doubt it because of the perameters you were in during landing)? There seemed to be a glitch and a slight raising of the plane when it settled into the runway almost like a warp. I'll forward this along to the coders and reopen the ticket :shrug:

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I am at an utter loss for words. Was this Multiplay or Single Play? Did you try the repair function to see if it was a landing gear collapse (I doubt it because of the perameters you were in during landing)? There seemed to be a glitch and a slight raising of the plane when it settled into the runway almost like a warp. I'll forward this along to the coders and reopen the ticket :shrug:

Single player. :thumbup:

What Version of the game?

Dusty Rhodes

What Version of the game?

current public release

May 27, 2013

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1771995&postcount=7

1.2.4.12913.167 :thumbup:

Alright thanks. Back to the drawing board. Did you try to repair afterwards?

Dusty Rhodes

Did you do anything at the exact moment you sunk into the Airfield?

Dusty Rhodes

Did you do anything at the exact moment you sunk into the Airfield?

no as it was asking me to taxi to the parking area I will try that in a few min I have to get ready for work...Night shift ya know..:thumbup::joystick:

I, and I know Mustang will too, keep an eye on this one and test it out every which way we can to try and find a solution to this problem. I am still dumbfounded that after the extensive stress testing we did on Saturday that this bug is still alive. I am truly sorry it survived and will do everything I can from a tester side to squash this MF'r. ;)

Was a Correctional Officer in a former life. Stay Safe and watch your six at all times!

Dusty Rhodes

tried again and this time it went under ground and then popped back up on top of the runway.

Weird..

also "unable to compy" with the repairs..Was the response I got.

and the trak CTD when I went to save it.

no crash log, I all so had a freez when I changed ILSN back to NAV

about 8 seconds long.

Alright thanks for the info. It has been reported with supporting evidence, to the right person. We'll see what happens next. Tomorrow I will do some testing on our internal build to see what happens.

Dusty Rhodes

Hey Dusty,

Here also you can see the last two after landings I got sloppy. and the plane warped through the runway on landing but recovered.

aborted_gearcollapse_landing.trk

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Any news on improving this one? I made a few successful landings and then repeatedly others I failed every time trying different profiles. I can even sometimes force it out of the collapse where it seems to collapse then recover twice to get out of the crash.

Seems if you hold the nose up when wheels touch down, the model either renowned the sweet spot or with recover it keeps running the script to get it then does.

Maybe I'm just going insane on this one...

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

1. Approach runway at between 170 and 180 kts with flaps and gear extended.

2. On the HUD, keep the flight path indicator on the steering index so you're on the glide slope.

3. Just before passing over the runway, kill the throttle and apply air brake.

4. Gently pull the nose up to an angle of attack of around 15. The plane will lose speed and altitude.

5. Let the main gear plop onto the runway.

6. Gently push the nose down until the nose gear touches.

This seriously works. I haven't had a landing glitch in weeks. Now, if I can just figure out refuelling.

Kon

Seems it was just met me not keeping my eye on the ball.

I found it reliiable at 150-130 touch down at 10-13 units AOA. 15 units and your darn close or pretty much striking the tail.

Couple of times I was careless and the whole plane sunk halfway through the runway, so apart from needing to stay with a consistent landing profile, the script seems to have to tight parameters to collapse and crash the gear.

Let it be, but I hope they improve on this soon, rather than having to wait months for a fix. It's a pity as others have reported that its been this way for quite some time being a release version.

Units and pitch degrees don't seem it be rated indepedently. The AOA guage with the 22 units marker, there's no way that can be used, you'd smash the tail on that profile.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that note...

Edit: I see its already been raised here,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97755

Would be nice if that could be fixed to be true to the description and operation.

Edit2: I see this has always been the case. I just didn't pay enough attention to my gauges in the past :/

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

It is being worked on guys. It has proved to be a Som Beach to nail down. Stand by to stand by. ;)

Dusty Rhodes

It is being worked on guys. It has proved to be a Som Beach to nail down. Stand by to stand by. ;)

:thumbup:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

• 2 weeks later...

I am and old user of LOMAC. I have been looking for a "new" flight sim for years. I just got the FC3 4 days ago. And found out that there is an issue when landing the F15C. No matter the vertical speed or landing speed. I have tried everything, the only way to do it is using AP and ILS keeping 160 knots till you touch ground. It would be great to see this issue solved.