F-15C: Beating the landing glitch.

hypersonik

As most FC3 owners know we have had the F15C landing glitch since 1.2.3. .It has being reported - for the meanwhile here IS how to land an F15 WITH IT.

-Touchdown at LESS than 130 KNOTS GENTLY.

YEP THAT'S IT :thumbup:.

here is a track with 4 landings ... this usually works 9/10 for me ( that 1/10 time would probably be a stall into the floor ).

Good luck and hope this helps -DON'T STALL.

:drunk:

track here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1754354&postcount=55

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That may work but it's not how you're supposed to land the Eagle..sim or RL.

I don't think 130kts can pass as a landing speed even on fumes and zero payload..but I'll let someone else more knowledgable confirm/dispute this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

That may work but it's not how you're supposed to land the Eagle..sim or RL.

I don't think 130kts can pass as a landing speed even on fumes and zero payload..but I'll let someone else more knowledgable confirm/dispute this.

130 sounds fine off the top of my head as long as you aren't fully loaded. There is always the dump fuel key.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

hey mustang ; got any tracks of this on 1.2.4 i would like to see such thing with this "landing glitch ".

anything higher than 160 knots breaks my landing gear... as yes "angel soft " touch on wheels .

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can quite happily land at 200 or 180 knots with or without flaps and never bust my gear, heck I've even done this with a full payload - the key is the rate of descent.

It's a bug and it's there. You can land nice and easy and good speed and suddenly sink into the runway. That needed to be fixed long time ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Touch'n'Go Practice

Well after 3 hours or practice; seems there is a finesse to landing.

It feels like this is a flightmodel bug that is to be improved; if you don't let the aircraft cushion on landing you run the risk of breaking the gear very easily.

Though this does feel like a bug; because you can get out of the bug by ensuring you're aero braking once the rear wheels touch.

I found that the key is approach at 150-180 odd; then let the plane sink to touch down letting the nose raise up; and push forward stick so you dont smash the back end; 'Make sure the aircraft datum is 10degrees nose high' when the rear wheels touch down and your good, typically a good touch down will be at 130kts.

Here's a track you guys can practice your Touch'n'Go's with.

I've done 5 or so touch'n'go's here. Feel free to watch the replay and see my approach runs; plus enjoy some highspeed break turns :)

Dont slam the nose, and practice aero braking. Enjoy!!

:thumbup: :pilotfly:

F-15C Toucn'n'Go.trk

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

It's a bug and I don't wish to adjust to it. It needs fixing. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the priority list as it's been around for a while.

Feels like a bug yes if you dont manage the landing properly, but to be honest it's a challenge and rewarding when you get it right. Looking forward to it being improved.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

^^It doesn't "feel" like a bug, It IS a bug. There's no "getting it right" just trying to make the bug work in your favour and while it may do the trick..it's not how it's supposed to be. Unless ED confirms this actually is not a bug but an intended feature..but I don't think that's the case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

It's a bug and I don't wish to adjust to it. It needs fixing. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the priority list as it's been around for a while.

Incorrect. We are working on this bug currently. It is a priority for this weekends testing.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

The landing characteristics now appear to be modeled around the proper landing procedure in RL with the F-15? Just watched a bunch of F-15J landing vids, and the procedure is almost mimicked.

Any ED testers can confirm that this is the intention? Ie its really just a bug with nose gear damage model, collapse?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

^^It doesn't "feel" like a bug, It IS a bug. There's no "getting it right" just trying to make the bug work in your favour and while it may do the trick..it's not how it's supposed to be. Unless ED confirms this actually is not a bug but an intended feature..but I don't think that's the case.

:music_whistling:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

The landing characteristics now appear to be modeled around the proper landing procedure in RL with the F-15? Just watched a bunch of F-15J landing vids, and the procedure is almost mimicked.

Any ED testers can confirm that this is the intention? Ie its really just a bug with nose gear damage model, collapse?

That is the way to land. Windbraking by holding angle of atack on 20-22 units (in FC3 F-15 the units is about half so hold AOA on 10) until 110 knots.

That is the way to land. Windbraking by holding angle of atack on 20-22 units (in FC3 F-15 the units is about half so hold AOA on 10) until 110 knots.

Yeah thats sounds right from when I was quick scanning the gauges. Been a long time since I flew the F-15; last stints were FC2. I likey what I see with FC3 so far. :)

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Incorrect. We are working on this bug currently. It is a priority for this weekends testing.

Actually, I was correct. The bug has been present for quite some time now and it hasn't been fixed yet (judging by the so far released public patches). You making it priority only now doesn't really change this fact.

It's been there for quite a while no matter how you look at it and what the reasons for it being ever so present are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

We just finished up testing for 5 hours and in that time we got good results on the landing gear sinking bug. Hopefully we will see the fix in the next update.

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the priority list as it's been around for a while.

You were incorrect that it wasn't a priority, not that it is a bug. This has been priority for a while and has eaten up numerous man hours tracking down and then fixing. Just because it takes a while to fix doesn't mean it isn't a priority. It just means it is a tough mutha that has to be tracked down so the coders can make it work right. Which is what has happened judging from todays testing.

Dusty Rhodes

We just finished up testing for 5 hours and in that time we got good results on the landing gear sinking bug. Hopefully we will see the fix in the next update.

Great news. I hope for fix in next patch :thumbup:

Thank you I just experienced this bug 3 times last night and was like; WTF?!

:thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

It is not fixed in todays released build?

Dusty Rhodes