How to move controls position window

>>> Triple-head/Multi-Monitor GUI and NVG Fix

Post #1 , near to the bottom:

How to move/resize the Controls Indicator:

The corresponding path for the Huey is

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\...

OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy!wink.gif - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view. smile.gif

(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines..wink.gif be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

First go to

DCS:BlackShark 1.1.1.1:

\DCS Black Shark 2\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

DCS: A10C 1.1.1.1:

\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

than open

ControlsIndicator_page.lua

with a proper Editor (>>> Notepad++)

CTRLindicator.png

Than edit the size in line #14

>> local size = 0.15 -- 0.30 nearly doubles the width/height of the default one

and position in line #43

>> base.init_pos = {X-position,Y-position} -- both values can be decimal and negative

I made some quick testing and instead of posting lots of pictures that show nearly the same; I copied each different position into the same screen.

I made notes which values are used for each position.

baseinit_posandsizeexample-1.gif

Now you should know enough how to create your own desired spawn point of the CTRL-Indicator.

Keep in mind than you have to use different values on diffident resolutions

(...Up to now I not fully aware what exact logic triggers the spawn-point.

But up to now I can say that when moving the indicator (size 0.15) from x0 to x1 -it will equal 384 pixels and all values are bound to the centre of the XYjoystick position cross.).

See...

Its a whole different thing compared to moving the Radio-menu tongue.gif

Tip:

First set the wished Size - and than place it where you want it. - Because resizing it will change the relative position again , and you have to start over again.

• 4 months later...

Just for info, I have just moved the Control Position overlay for my UH-1H to the bottom right of my single 1920x1080 screen.

The values used in the lua file shown above is :-

local size = 0.15 <<<--- Standard

base.init_pos = {3.15,-0.79}

Giving :-

DCS2013-09-2920-04-03-005_zps4224bc6a.png

Thanks guys! Good stuff!

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Some additional info for those that have a 1920x1200 display:

base.init_pos       = {2.8,-0.79} -- BottomRight Placement on 1920x1200 display -- DEFAULT: {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}

base.init_pos       = {1.40,-0.79} -- BottomCenter Placement on 1920x1200 display -- DEFAULT: {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}

• 7 months later...

I have modded this ControlsIndicator_page.lua script and it works fine. But the game will not load if I put it in my Users folders like this:

C:\Users\Andy\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

The game just crashes on loading until I remove the above file/folders. Wish I could put this in my Saved Games folder...

I have it modded to allow for 2 screen resolutions for my 4 monitor setup. I have 3 monitors on top and one touchscreen in the center below. I use resolutions of 5760x1080 and 5760x2160:

I put this code at the top, right after these variables are declared:

-- *******************************************************************************
-- *** MY CODE TO RESIZE THE CONTROL INDICATOR BOX FOR 2160 SCREEN HEIGHT
-- *******************************************************************************
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 2160 then
-- THIS WORKS WITH 2160 HEIGHT
size          = 0.075
tex_scale     = 0.27/size
end

And this down below, right below the base.init_position = xxxxxxx line:

-- *** MY CODE TO MOVE THE CONTROL INDICATOR BOX FOR 1080 AND 2160 SCREEN HEIGHT
base.init_pos = {3.5, -0.825}  -- <-- MY DEFAULT FOR 1080 HEIGHT
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 2160 then
base.init_pos = {1.542, 0.085}  -- <-- PUTS BOX JUST OUTSIDE CENTER MONITOR
end

Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

• 1 year later...

Can i modify the " Adjust Controls " windows, a bit larger ?

Thanks

Edited by Lenux

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Anyone knows ?

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I think the code has changed since 1.5 came out. I have not used my old mod for a long time,. And have not looked at the code in much longer.

I'm afraid you will have to look at the code yourself.

Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Can i modify the " Adjust Controls " windows, a bit larger?...

Adjust Controls or Controls Indicator?

If you're talking about indicator, it's there, "..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua"

Line #12.

Modify the value 0.15, as you wish.

I didn't touch that, but if you'll do, maybe you will need to correct position values (Line #45).

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)

Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %99,9

I think you did use to have to adjust several things when you resized.. But it's been a long time since I did that.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

i mean the menu window, with sound, graphics, adjust controls, etc

I literally just fixed my indicator positions yesterday after a couple of months of dabbling. I have them in JSGME ready format. If anyone wants them, PM me with email address

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How about moving the AI and Autopilot indication window?

I run a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide with 2x 8" MFCD monitors, I managed to move the control indicator when I did the kneeboard location mod. But the Autopilot and AI gunner are still displayed in the lower right corner of the MFCD monitor.

I have a mod that used to do that but I have not used it in a year. I don't know if it works.

But I gave a copy of it to a user named Beeroshima a few weeks ago and I think he got it working. You could ask him for a copy of what he has. And you will probably have to tweak the coordinates to put it where you want.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download