I assume the rotors are supposed to stay on.

As the title says "I assume the rotors are supposed to stay on.".

I just got the Huey and tried the instant action Free Flight. As soon as I un-pause I see the rotors spin off the Huey and fly up and off to the left.

I am finding it much more difficult and less exciting to fly sans rotors.:P

Edited by MrJoel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check your collective control to make sure you did not start with it all of the way up.

Note: Flying sans rotors can be quite exciting, expecially if you are at altitude when they depart! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Check your control axis assignments in options.

Often DCS will unhelpfully assign other axes to your cyclic and collective.

this conflict will give you all kinds of unwanted inputs.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I have to move the Cyclic to center it right after un-pausing and it fixes the issue.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

As soon as I un-pause I see the rotors spin off the Huey and fly up and off to the left.

I am finding it much more difficult and less exciting to fly sans rotors.

I feel your pain. Created a mission with auto-start on ramp, saved and then hit the button to fly the mission. Had the same thing happen soon as I jumped into the sim. Problem I ran into was that no matter what I did after this with the throttle and collective, it wouldn't stop flying off. I ended up having to exit out of DCS, then when going back in I didn't have a problem anymore.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Pre start up checks..

Check throttle and Collective is at idle > move them from one extreme to the other a few times then to idle..

General 3D modeling thread and reference sites

UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Updates to my stuff are now going here

looks like you need to talk to the crew-chief about preflight inspections after phase maint. that Jesus nut is suppose to be safety wired:music_whistling: LoL:megalol:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals