Huey wish list

ebabil

Oh, also the 40mm nose mounted grenade launcher. I see an option for it on the console. :)
Unfortunately on the stretched body of UH-1H you can't mount that weapon system because of center of gravity limitations. The switch is there because it's a common panel (one of few of this type). Actually you could wire any weapon system to the relay and trigger it by selecting the 40mm and pressing weapons trigger. One of such examples would be countermeasures flares - although the XM130 system which I hope is being made has separate switch on the pedestal for firing the countermeasures.

What I would do is rewire it to trigger stores on racks separately. Then for example flying with XM18 minigun pod (or XM14 .50-cal) on one rack, and 7-tube FFAR launcher on the other, could be triggered independently.

the XM26 unfortunately is also out of the question, it was basically one entity wit the UH-1B helicopters that were modified to use TOW missiles, there were never any provisions to use TOW on the "long" Hueys.

What can be done though is incorporating the dual purpose M247 warhead, which was much more capable then the Mk.5 HEAT we have right now. It was a 17-pound high explosive - fragmentation warhead, cut in half, with front of M72 LAW anti tank rocket strapped in front. The same weight and ballistics as the M151 "10 pound" HE warhead, 70% of it's performance on unarmored targets, but additionally 11 inches of hardened steel penetration - enough to penetrate turret roof, or engine cover of any tank in game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

• ED Team

*smoke grenade for door gunners

*sunglasses / visor

*better control of door gunners / AI

*disable track IR for sights

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

How about junk in the cockpit and cabin. This is a Vietnam era bird right? Stuff like aircraft logs between the seats, a M16 on the glare shield, some smoke grenades hanging for the crew chief to mark LZs. Some crazing in the windshield and bubbles.

“Shiny Switch Method”

:thumbup:1. You only need to flip the switches that are shiny. Someone before you figured out those make the aircraft work no need to second guess it.

:(2. Never fly an aircraft with a shiny ejection handle.

It does have composite rotor blades... those were issued in 1988... this is Operation Just Cause - era bird :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm not buying that this is a true Vietnam bird...agree with the '80s being more accurate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AI crew members should call out enemys air and ground units (missile launches, AAA fire etc..), when in visual parameters....

AI door gunners should open fire if the get told to do so......

Edited by MoGas

UH-1H: Following replacement of the original T53-L-11 turboshaft by the 1,044kW T53-L-13, the version of the Model 205 for the US Army was designated UH-1H. Deliveries of an initial series of 319 aircraft for the US Army began in September 1967. Another 914 ordered subsequently in several batches, with delivery extending into 1976.

I was not aware it had composite rotors blades but the above dates is where I get a Vietnam era bird since its all shiny and new inside. lol

If it is modeled to be a 80s bird I stand corrected.

“Shiny Switch Method”

:thumbup:1. You only need to flip the switches that are shiny. Someone before you figured out those make the aircraft work no need to second guess it.

Page 9 of the DCS: UH-1H manual, bottom of the page:

Note. The composite rotor blades provide a 6% improvement in the UH-1H's hovering capability and a 5 to 8 percent reduction in fuel flow in forward flight.
The first composite main rotor blades on UH-1H were flown in 1985, they entered service in 1988, first in 1-228th Aviation Regiment that was preparing for the operation Just Cause in Panama. The interesting thing is, even though it was mainly UH-60 territory at that time - it was the UH-1H that flown the most number of missions, and clocked most hours both during day, and night throughout that operation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

AI crew should tell you:

* AAA Fire that they spot

* SAM launch -"-

* Enemis that they spot ?

All this was possible in janes f-15 in 1998 when i was 14 year old and flying over bagdad with my AI Rio :)

So please ed, i know that you have some ex Janes combat simulations people in work ( Wags?? )

-haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I stand corrected and conceed its an 80s bird. Missed that guess I need to start reading it again to see what else I missed.

Can I still wish for the other stuff + a pack of Marlboros on the center console? lol

Oh and able to lower the dark visor on the helmet instead of shades for the really bright days.

Edited by Skeeter

“Shiny Switch Method”

- Option to show/hide pilot in cockpit view.

- Option for partial control aid. (Could be useful for new pilot?)

- Configurable door gunner weapons e.g. .50 Cal, M60, M240 and etc.

- Slick version.

- AI door gunner.

- More liveries.

- Radio and navigational tutorials.

- New door gunner model. (At least give them a survival vest.)

- Release idle stop functionality for engine shutdown.

- A handheld GPS device.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

I stand corrected and conceed its an 80s bird. Missed that guess I need to start reading it again to see what else I missed.

Can I still wish for the other stuff + a pack of Marlboros on the center console? lol

Oh and able to lower the dark visor on the helmet instead of shades for the really bright days.

I'm still hoping for the dancing hula girl on the dash mod, all that shakin' might as well use it for something.

Co-Pilot/auto-pilot:

It's just happened to me again that while on mission i jumped to the door gunner to get at some troops and my Co-Pilot decided to commit suicide and flew us into the mountain side. It's now turned to frustration as I have died like this a few times.

Could we please have a terrain avoidance type something added to the AI Co-Pilot to stop him flying into mountains, buildings and power-lines. Maybe have him turn or gain altitude. I've tried the orbit function but seems the AP randomly chooses a direction and size of orbit pattern more often than not resulting in death.

I'm guessing that with the advent of AI door gunners this will no longer be a problem since we will be able to stay firmly rooted to the pilot seat where we belong. So just as a thought... instead of having to give commands to them perhaps on opening the doors they can become "active" rather than having to be told "start shooting fools" and have the choice in the "special" options menu to turn on/off "smart AI" vs. "commanded AI" that way people who want more control over them can do so and others like me can just open the doors with a nice little voice over of "GET SOME!"

it's a wishlist... I can wish right.. lol

Just because it will look totally awesome:

- separate opening cockpit doors (LALT-1 and LALT-2) instead of RCTL-c for both doors

- openable sliding windows in the cockpit doors (with the mouse?)

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Dont shoot me, but Id like a civilian version, without weapons...

That would be fine with me as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My most urgent wish would be the implementation of ©SAR capability for use in Multiplayer.

A downed player should get the ability to enter the Huey of another player, taking a seat and enjoying the flight back to base as a passenger or as gunner.

I understand these features require attention and work of both ED and Belsimtek, but I am sure it would pay off very well.

Hey,

Over the last couple of days flying online and having an awesome time in the Huey we came up with some idea's that we'd like to see implemented in a later stage...

- Optional hand-held GPS instead of the kneeboard. Can also be attached to the window using a suction cup, or screwed on top of the dash, or maybe even integrated in the dash. GPS doesn't have to be a very modern system. A GPS like the Bendix/King KLN90B for example would do just fine. There should be an (enforceable) option to turn it off for Nam style scenario's.

- Integrate the Huey in the warehouse and resupply system. To allow Huey's to fly transport missions all the time.

- Interaction between crew members. Gunners warning me if they spot a muzzle flash, Gunners that fire, A co-pilot who can fire the miniguns etc...

- Ejected pilots that can actually be picked up to allow ©SAR missions throughout a multiplayer

'Frett'