Huey wish list

ebabil

Rescue missions with external winch.Also why not upgrade it with two engines?

But then it wouldn't be a UH-1H it would be a UH-1N or Bell 212, right? :thumbup:

More helicopters is always better. Right? :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Rescue missions with external winch.Also why not upgrade it with two engines?

Because the UH-1upgrade to N or even Y is much more than just "two engines"...

See here for a cockpit photo:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Marines/Bell-UH-1N-Iroquois-212/1842504

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

We already have 2 Transport/utility helos, a western and an eastern.

A western scout/recon helo and one eastern attack helicopter.

I think it is time for a western attack helicopter... AH-1W anyone?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 4 weeks later...
We already have 2 Transport/utility helos, a western and an eastern.

A western scout/recon helo and one eastern attack helicopter.

I think it is time for a western attack helicopter... AH-1W anyone?

How about the announced AH-1S? :P

Also want to reiterate this plead:

m60-kpm23.gif

And multicrew ofc. ^^

Edited by Jarlerus

my wish is that ED ( BST merged with them) finally add An/APR 39 Radar warning reciever for the Huey. The 3rd exterior model already has the 2 mounts where the RWR sensors are supposed to be installed.

12-19-131-01-50PM.jpg

full-32698-60987-arp.jpg

full-32698-60461-console.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

my wish is that ED ( BST merged with them) finally add An/APR 39 Radar warning reciever for the Huey. The 3rd exterior model already has the 2 mounts where the RWR sensors are supposed to be installed.

My guess is that the exact model they replicated (Guessing the Australian UH-1H Gunship / Bushranger) didn't have the RWR installed, and they are limiting themselves because of this.

Example: 1684815.jpg

Probably the same reason, bar DCS game engine limitations, they aren't adding the M23 mount I reference above. :(

We'll probably have to wait until someone else have the guts to make another UH-1 model module :((

My guess is that the exact model they replicated (Guessing the Australian UH-1H Gunship / Bushranger) didn't have the RWR installed, and they are limiting themselves because of this.

Example: 1684815.jpg

Probably the same reason, bar DCS game engine limitations, they aren't adding the M23 mount I reference above. :(

We'll probably have to wait until someone else have the guts to make another UH-1 model module :((

It wasn't advertised as a bushranger variant specifically. Even if the gunship config mounts make it like the bushranger. why did they choose the aussie one when majority of skins and modeling is centered on making it look like a us army version?

The only thing different with the bushranger is are the mounting system. Its otherwise a uh1h

That's just a 3d model change basically. Similarly asking for fully slick uh1h config option wouldnt warrant a separate module.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
didn't the australian bush rangers have dual M60 mounts were the rockets sit?

They used to.

Then the doorgun changed to the MAG58 (not sure when, but definitely prior to 2002).

Don't know if there was ever a mounting solution for the MAG58, but we only flew with rockets and minis in gunship config.

The MAG58 was used with the M23 mount for slick config though

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

• 1 month later...

Are Belsimtek/ED ever going to fix the AI controlled Huey's, the door gunners are still not working!

Its been nearly 4 years since it was released and its still broken is this ever going to be fixed? They just sit there like stunned mullets with their doors closed.

I know the code is there in some shape and form, because ED have the B-17s firing from the side and they are AI aircraft only.

Belsimteks response when asked is:"They were disabled because of bugs with that feature.

Gunners which WW2 bombers has are not ours, they were made by ED. We can't just "copy-paste" them, but it may be possible to "borrow" them in future."

Can ED at least point them in the right direction at least to fix this?

Edit: Just to clear things up, I am not referring to the one you fly. I am referring to AI controlled aircraft. (your wingman / flight aircraft)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
F-14,L-39 Gaselle helicopter.

??

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
Does the developer know that the guns are bugged at the moment? they haven't worked for me in months. both door gunners and forward mini guns just spin, and don't fire

This is fixed in the current open beta.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...