ebabil

• 3 weeks later...

I want to suggest some things:

1.Removable pilot copilot doors

2.Adjustable Window (pilot-copilot)

3.Removable cabin doors

4.Ns430 working on Vr and implemented on the cockpit

5. External hoist

Can some inform us if there are going to anything of that we asking to be working or we waste time here on this post?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Can some inform us if there are going to anything of that we asking to be working or we waste time here on this post?

It's not a waste of time but there's a trick.

The features we request are eventually implemented...in the Mi-8.

I'm not exactly sure where should we post our requested features for the huey but if the last 7 years (!) are anything to go by it's certainly not in this thread.

• 5 weeks later...
1. APKWS! Had to mention it after a comment in the Hornet + GBU-54 debate

at least for the small 7x tubes...

2. hoist, awesome but hard to make, a whole new sim environment

3. RWR, deselect-able in the ME (like weapon pylons)

2 + 3 would be great (a hoist should be de-selectable via ME as well though)

Wouldn't APKWS require a laser designator? I'd say this is pretty far fetched for a UH-1H if you think of an on-board device.

Wouldn't APKWS require a laser designator? I'd say this is pretty far fetched for a UH-1H if you think of an on-board device.

No on-board device! Of course only the original rockets with the retrofitted guiding section.

The rest needs to be sorted out with JTAC or another platform lasing.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Wasn't the UH-1H out of service by the time APKWS came around?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Invisible FARP? You got my attention...

yeah, it allows you to place the static item "invisible FARP" in ME, that way the only actual equipment you see in the mission is the fuel, ammo and commo vehicles, no landing platform. This is the typical setup as a field FARP.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ DCS: Air Assault Operations ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Join the fight!

YouTube Channel

• 3 weeks later...

My huey wishlist now just proper visual glass on windows. Keep low your hopes. No body's reading here

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 11/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Pilot Ike said:

Not at all. Usually they are intended mostly to be lased by a JTAC, or aerial platform that can stay "on target" without flying into the enemies weapon envelope, while lasing. DCS Singleplayer often promotes a "lone wolf" playstyle, instead of a more realistic integrated battlefield.

APKWS for the UH-1H would be cool. Especially with the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior on the horizon and the A-10C II, F/A-18C and F-16C with their TGPs getting popular...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't know. APKWS on the Huey would make it even more Frankenstein than it already is.

The Huey simply isn't meant to be a platform for a virtual 21st century battlefield. We don't need APKWS on the Huey in DCS - what we really need in DCS is an Apache and a Blackhawk (and APKWS for the F-16, F/A-18, AV-8B, A-10C,...) to perform the tasks that some want to enable the Huey for . Otherwise we could also demand APKWS and LGBs and AIM-9X for the F-86.

But I understand this is a wishlist thread, everybody can wish whatever he desires. I'm just offering a second thought on this, don't hate me for that 😉

• Like 4

On 12/5/2020 at 8:29 AM, Pilot Ike said:

I don't know. APKWS on the Huey would make it even more Frankenstein than it already is.

The Huey simply isn't meant to be a platform for a virtual 21st century battlefield. We don't need APKWS on the Huey in DCS - what we really need in DCS is an Apache and a Blackhawk (and APKWS for the F-16, F/A-18, AV-8B, A-10C,...) to perform the tasks that some want to enable the Huey for . Otherwise we could also demand APKWS and LGBs and AIM-9X for the F-86.

But I understand this is a wishlist thread, everybody can wish whatever he desires. I'm just offering a second thought on this, don't hate me for that 😉

I wonder why nobody is talking about the UH-1Y or the Blackhawk too. The Y huey could carry APKWS rockets

Edited by Alligator
wording

Are there other operators for the UH-1Y than the USMC? 

I'd say that's too narrow for simulation purposes. UH-60 is operated by many nations and branches, that would probably be more interesting for most users. But if any developer decided to go for the -Y instead, sure, why not. It would go well with the RB Harrier and the Tarawa. It would just be a very limites scenario simulation-wise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

of my 4 main wishlist items for the Huey Door gunner 

1) multicrew multiplayer slots

2) de-couple the player view from the doorgun (so that the player can look independently of the doorgun and not have "gun face" with the doorgun stuck to my face when playing the doorgunner position)

3) analog axis assignments for doorgunner actions (gun up/down, left/right) mappable to joysticks (not only for mouse)

4) proper VR support as the doorgunner role (supporting the above items)

I SEE THAT THE NEW PATCH DCS 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta has made my wishlist item #1 a reality....

Thank you ED.. and @PilotMi8 for the reply..

Hoping the other items will be reality down the road..

GIVE US DCS DOORGUNNER SIMULATOR! 🙂

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

On 12/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, hannibal said:

of my 4 main wishlist items for the Huey Door gunner 

1) multicrew multiplayer slots

2) de-couple the player view from the doorgun (so that the player can look independently of the doorgun and not have "gun face" with the doorgun stuck to my face when playing the doorgunner position)

3) analog axis assignments for doorgunner actions (gun up/down, left/right) mappable to joysticks (not only for mouse)

4) proper VR support as the doorgunner role (supporting the above items)

I SEE THAT THE NEW PATCH DCS 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta has made my wishlist item #1 a reality....

Thank you ED.. and @PilotMi8 for the reply..

Hoping the other items will be reality down the road..

GIVE US DCS DOORGUNNER SIMULATOR! 🙂

Just come here to post these very requests. 👍👍👍   I hope they pick up on them.    VR in Multicrew is amazing but the gunner controls leave a lot to be desired.    Let us look around independently from the gun in VR, so we can assist our pilots with sling loads, confined landings etc.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Signal Distribution Panel for Copilot.

Now that Multicrew is a thing, the lack of a second signal distribution panel has become an obvious issue. The real helicopters have one for each pilot so that they can each choose which radio their PTT trigger works on and which radios they are listening to. 

• Like 3

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

6 hours ago, Swiftwin9s said:

Signal Distribution Panel for Copilot.

Now that Multicrew is a thing, the lack of a second signal distribution panel has become an obvious issue. The real helicopters have one for each pilot so that they can each choose which radio their PTT trigger works on and which radios they are listening to. 

+1 to that. New features brings new "lack of features". 

The copilot "view zoom" level also could need some adjusting, or ad a "binocular".

• Like 1

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

1.) +1 on removable doors. Both cockpit and sliding. Pics of the DoS Hueys in the Middle East and Afghanistan show a lot of doors off work. Might jazz it up enough to make some nice DoS missions and campaigns in the Syria map.

2.) Two weapons pylon options, front and back. So I can fly a slick without all the bushranger sighting equipment set up in the front.

3.) Ground units such as stretcher parties, infantry carrying wounded. Would make a big difference for Mission editor scenarios.

4.) Infantry able to go prone. Again for ME.

5.) Disembarking infantry appearing outside the aircraft fanned out and preferably prone, rather than stacked up in a queue like they just got off the bus.

6.) And for the hail mary, a Hoist and visible troops/medics/cargo/winchops in the back, depending on the loadout, and shifting weight to go along with it.

I'd also like to see, if not a HH-60G Pave hawk/MH-60G Blackhawk/UH-60 Blackhawk module, now we know apache is on the way, then a combined B212/412 Huey module. This will cover UH-1Ns, as well as a bit of a cover for 212 or 412 variants used by many militaries the world over, including the Canadians who give them funny names just to be clever. 🙂

• Like 3

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.